International Centre for Reproductive Health Kenya in collaboration with ICRH Ghent and The World Health Organization (WHO) Department of Reproductive Health Research is implementing studies addressing community participation in health system for purposes of addressing family planning and contraception.
We are seeking a dedicated, talented, Social Scientist who is also a qualitative researcher.
Working closely with a multidisciplinary team, he/she will design and lead qualitative research efforts for the studies.
This will include: managing fieldwork data collection, (in-depth interviews, focus group discussions, direct observation) analysis and dissemination of results through internal and external reports, journal publications and professional conference presentations.
He/she will also support the preparation of grant proposals and coordination of other project activities as needed.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Master’s degree in medical anthropology, medical sociology, public health or a related field emphasizing qualitative research methods training.
Experience and Skills or required:
- 5+ years with professional qualitative research experience.
- 3+ years conducting in-depth interviewing, focus group discussions, and participant observation.
- Knowledge and understanding of public health issues, in particular family planning and human subject protocols.
- Experience working with stakeholders to design, author, and manage qualitative studies.
- Strong organizational, planning, and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Proficiency with the following office, analysis, and citation softwares: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint, Outlook); NVivo, Atlas.ti; EndNote, Zotero, Mendeley.
Communication: Excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills required.
How to Apply
Applicants must upload their application letter, an up-to-date CV with names and addresses of three referees and telephone contacts and the bio data form (download HERE) on the ICRHK job application portal HERE by 8th June 2016, 5pm.
ICRHK is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from appropriately qualified people from all sections of the community.