Our client imports ICT equipment for distribution to the leading communication companies in East Africa.
They are looking for a Senior Accounts Manager
Job Ref: SM/SAM/2
The position oversees the main engagement with all major service providers and operators in Kenya.
The role requires the individual to support existing relationships and build and manage new relationships with the providers.
Relationships must be built across the organisations.
Working together with our technical pre sales team, Senior Account Managers build solutions and sell our products and services to all major operators.
The incumbent will be based in Westlands.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manage and Maintain Existing Client Relationships
- Building relationships with key personnel in existing client organisations and map organisations to ensure excellent relations exist across these client organisations
- Build Account Plans for all existing and new clients, taking into account current requirements, future possible requirements and future plans
- Build a matrix of calls and visits to be made to each client to ensure that regular contact by phone, email and particularly in person are maintained to keep the company top of mind with clients.
- Prospect for both larger and smaller operators, start new relationships with them and work to introduce our vendor products and services to the clients
- Oversee technical engagement with all clients
- Identify pain points and network requirements within our new and existing clients and provide solutions to them to address these requirements and pain points.
- To religiously maintain information on visits to clients, follow ups, when to contact them next and to manage the engagement with all clients based on KPIs that are set.
- Upsell solutions to existing clients to provide improved services including solutions that allow operators to offer more advanced solutions to customers.
2. Create new relationships and opportunities with new service providers and aaintain those relationships
- Identify new potential clients, plan out contact matrices and engage with contacts at new potential clients.
- Build full account plans for new clients and build relationships across key personnel in new accounts and present, promote and Sell products to new clients
- Carry out similar tasks as above for existing clients with new clients including but not limited to building technical solutions, identifying pain points and address the same, providing solutions to clients and working with the Pre Sales team to present technical capabilities and propose technical solutions.
- Sell and upsell products and services to new clients.
Reports & Other Responsibilities
- To report to the CEO on all engagements with clients with particular focus on possible opportunities, client objections or road blocks and to report on any issues that may exist in the market regarding our brand and our partner vendors’ brands.
- To track and report number of engagements with clients, method of contact and next steps / next date of contract with all clients on a weekly basis.
- To work with others as a team to ensure the best results for our clients
- To participate as a team member to add value across the organization where relevant and possible.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- No formal degree necessary though University Degree is preferable
- Ability to show the following skills:
- Natural sales ability and relationship building to ensure excellent relations are kept with all our clients
- Excellent “can do” attitude to get the job done quickly at all times
- Ability to think on your feet quickly and make decisions to ensure that the organization runs efficiently.
- To maintain honesty and integrity at all times
- Ability to properly manage a calendar and meetings with clients
- Consistent Attention to detail and efficient follow up of items
- Good people management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are critical.
- A decent technical knowledge and or understanding as well as experience in the industry would be highly beneficial.
Remuneration: An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply, send your CV in word format with a recent photograph of yourself embedded in the top right hand corner.
Attach an application letter demonstrating how your skills, experience and qualifications are transferrable to the role.
All documentation is to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.
ONLY short listed candidates will be contacted