Kamyn Industries Limited: Kamyn Industries Ltd is the largest manufacturer of socks and hosiery in East and Central Africa, exporting to over 7 countries.
Position Summary: The Production Manager is responsible for keeping consistency in productivity at 100% utilization of resources/capacity with optimum efficiency which should be above 90% performance of machines and manpower.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage daily working strategy keeping in view hurdles in production to ensure achievement of set targets.
- Determines Wastage, breakage Analysis and Efficiency analysis. (Target vs. Production)
- Analyzes supplier’s development and management to reduce the cost and maintain the quality.
- In charge of the critical path management to ensure efficiencies in process and final product.
- Liaise with the sales team to ensure sales as per order level information and dispatch
- Handle all customer related complaints and guarantee minimum dissatisfaction.
- Working with the Research & Development /Quality Assurance team for new developments and production samples.
- Responsible to develop and maintain the MIS in the factory.
- Inventory Management i.e. ensure controls on issuance and receiving.
- Responsible for the development of packaging accessories. Liaise with the vendors in order to meet with the target date of delivery.
- Ensure all machines are in running condition and that preventive maintenance of mechanical and electronics is done in a timely manner.
- Manage the production team to ensure productivity, discipline and good housekeeping.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management, Engineering or Industrial Technology from a recognized university.
- Professional training in textile industry is an added advantage.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar function; Knowledge and experience in production and manufacturing processes and techniques.
- Knowledge of quality systems and standards.
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Excellent negotiating skills.
Applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, names of three referees, telephone contact, e-mail address and copies of certificates and testimonials should be sent to the,