KASNEB is a professional examinations body which operates under the Accountants Act, No.15 of 2008, the Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya Act, Cap.534 of 1988 and the Investment and Financial Analysts Act, No.13 of 2015.
The mandate of KASNEB is to develop syllabuses, conduct Professional, Diploma and Technician examinations; certify candidates in accountancy, finance, credit, governance and management, information communication technology and related disciplines; promote its qualifications globally and
accredit relevant training institutions.
The vision of KASNEB is to be a world-class professional examinations body.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the following senior position:
Head of Information Communication Technology
Job Level 3
Overall purpose: The Head of Information Communication Technology Unit will be expected to provide strategic leadership and advice, coordinate the efficient and effective delivery of ICT services in support of the mandate of KASNEB and ensure integrity and security of both hardware and software.
Key duties and responsibilities
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Head of ICT will be responsible for:
- Providing professional and technical guidance to drive the implementation of ICT policies and plans in operations and business processes.
- Developing and implementing an ICT strategy and security policy.
- Overseeing the security and integrity of ICT systems.
- Leading the innovation and development of new ICT systems and solutions.
- Coordinating the maintenance of both hardware and software for operational efficiency.
- Ensuring compliance with ICT regulatory requirements and relevant national and international standards.
- Planning and budgeting for organisation-wide ICT infrastructure and services.
- Formulating and implementing a prudent ICT risk management strategy.
- Overseeing the implementation of ISO Quality Management System in the Unit.
- Preparing board papers on ICT matters.
- Providing leadership and effective supervision to staff in the Unit.
Qualifications and experience
The ideal candidate shall possess the following:
- Masters degree in computer science, information communication technology or related disciplines from a recognised university.
- Bachelors degree in computer science, information communication technology or related disciplines from a recognised university.
- Professional ICT qualification from a reputable professional body and a member in good standing of a relevant professional body.
- At least eight (8) years relevant experience in ICT in a senior management position.
- Demonstrable experience in automated examination systems will be an added advantage.
- Possession of the CICT qualification offered by KASNEB will be an added advantage.
Key Personal Attributes
The ideal candidate should:
- Possess a high degree of personal integrity, honesty and trustworthiness.
- Be a team player with the ability to provide leadership and motivate staff.
- Demonstrate sound judgement and business awareness, planning and organisation skills.
- Possess excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication, presentation and reporting skills.
- Be results oriented and willing to multitask and meet strict deadlines.
- Satisfy the provisions of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their handwritten applications enclosing detailed curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates, testimonials and names and addresses of three referees and indicating their current and expected salary so as to reach the undersigned not later than Thursday, 19 May 2016.
The envelope should be marked “CONFIDENTIAL” and indicate the REFERENCE NUMBER of the position applied for and be addressed to:
Chief Executive Officer
P.O. Box 41362 – 00100
Kindly note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.