Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) in collaboration with the
University of Washington (UW) is conducting research studies at multiple
sites in Kenya.
The KEMRI/UW/MOH/CDC Family Planning Study
Project seeks to recruit dynamic, innovative and experienced persons to
fill the following positions:
Study Nurse shall report to the Study / Regional Coordinator.
- Act as the point person in the field.
- Coordinate entry into the facility and logistics surrounding data collections and survey administration.
- Data collection from source documents and administration of study questionnaires and in-depth interviews according to the SOP.
- Ensure all data is of good quality and perform quality checks before submission.
- Ensure the smooth and efficient day-to-day operation of research and data collection activities.
- Maintain proper communication between health facility and Study Coordinator’s office.
- Maintain adequate supplies at the study sites for example study forms.
- Maintain inventory of supplies with the support of the study assistant and data clerk.
daily summary of study progress to the Study Coordinator/data manager
and suggestions on any improvements to the study procedures as
- Ensure strict compliance with ethical requirements for conduct of research.
- Perform other duties that may be given by the Regional/Study Coordinator.
- Minimum Diploma in Nursing (KRCN/KRN); registration with the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Previous research experience
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of basic computer applications.
- Strong organizational skills and financial accountability.
- Commitment to integrity and high quality performance.
- Strong professional references from previous supervisors.
is negotiable within a relevant grade, based on educational levels,
relevant experience and demonstrated competency. The salary scheme is
based on the KEMRI salary scales.
If you meet the above requirements, please CLICK HERE
to complete the online application form and then send an application
letter with your current CV that contains details of your
qualifications, experience and the full time telephone number and names
and addresses of 3 professional referees to Email address:
email@example.com to reach us by 20th May , 2016 at 5.00 p.m.
Note: Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.