The Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) / US Army Medical Research Directorate – Kenya (USAMRD-K), “The Walter Reed Project” carry out medical research and test improved means for predicting, detecting, preventing and treating infectious diseases.
The organization seeks to fill the following positions:
1. Position: Senior Data Manager / Deputy Program Manager
Program: Health and Demographic Surveillance Systems (HDSS)
Reports to: Principal Investigator (HDSS)
Location: Kombewa – Kisumu
Position Summary: The Senior Data Manager will lead the data team in HDSS program and will work under the supervision of the section head.
He/she will manage and maintain a longitudinal database for the program, ensure consistency and integrity of data, oversee data collection, interpret data including statistical values, and provide data support to nested studies.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer studies, mathematics, statistics, information technology, demography or related fields with at least 3 years’ experience working in a research organization.
- Coordination, analytical data management and supervisory skills
- Problem solving ability
- Excellent knowledge in the following computing and analysis packages (SAS, STATA, SPSS, R)
- Skills in data management systems and proficiency in standard office tools
2. Position: Field Assistant (Two Posts)
Program: Clinical Trials
Reports to: Field Supervisor
Duty Station: Kombewa
Job Summary: The Field Assistant will be responsible for community sensitization and relations regarding upcoming studies and the KEMRI/Walter Reed Project activities.
Core duties include recruitment and follow-up of study participants, collection of data from MOH facilities and the community and communicating challenges encountered in the field to the Field Supervisors and Community Liaison Officer.
Qualifications and Required Skills/Abilities:
- A minimum KCSE mean grade of D+ (plus).
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Basic computer and counseling knowledge.
For more details on the duties and responsibilities, kindly visit our website www.usamrukenya.org
Terms of Employment: Contract for 1 year renewable per KEMRI schemes of service
Probation period for the first 3 months
Salary negotiable within the appropriate grade depending on education, experience and demonstrated competency
How to Apply:
Applicants should submit their application letters, CVs, testimonials, copies of certificates and 3 reference letters with day time contacts- telephone numbers and e-mail addresses no later than June 10, 2016 to:
The Human Resources Manager,
KEMRI / Walter Reed Project
P.O Box 54-40100
or Email: Kisumu.HR2@usamru-k.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
KEMRI / Walter Reed Project is an equal opportunity employer.
Note: Applications must include copies of all relevant certificates and transcripts.
Applications without these will be disregarded.