Kenya Airways, the Pride of Africa
Kenya Airways opens a world of opportunity across the continent, creating sustainable development by connecting its people and businesses within Africa and around the world.
At Kenya Airways we believe our greatest asset is our people. When you join Kenya Airways we provide you with training and all the systems and tools you require to perform.
And best of all, we provide an environment that enables each and every one of our employees to achieve their full potential.
Position Ref No: 35380
Position Title: Manager Financial Control and Reporting
Brief Posting Description
- To provide the Group with accurate, meaningful and timely reporting of monthly and periodic financial reports.
- To prepare Group’s Annual statutory Financial Statements that comply with the relevant statutory requirements, the IFRS and relevant stock exchanges and capital market authorities,
- To ensure Subsidiaries’ and Associates’ Financial Reports are provided to KQ management in time, review these statements for correctness and accuracy, before consolidating them into the Group accounts, Monitor Technical stocks from purchase to obsolescence to avoid exposure as well as support Technical department on financial related activities.
- Produce Group Annual Report and Financial statements that meet statutory requirements and management reporting standards (IFRS, IAS, Companies Act, etc) as well as Maintain sound, accurate, reconciled and up to date financial records
- Maintain proper Balance sheet accounts ensuring adequacy of provisions to avoid large adjustments and surprises arising out of past events
- Review General Ledger account reconciliations for accuracy and timeliness in their preparation as well as absence of long outstanding reconciling items
- Prepare monthly as well as periodic management reports (Accounts and Capex reports) including commentaries on the variances from plan
- Coordinate and guide the business in regard to Capex budgeting ensuring items of expense nature are not budgeted under Capex and vice versa and that only viable Capex is budgeted for
- Prepare Statement of Financial Position and Cash flow for budgets and strategy to aid management in decision making
- Liaise between management and the external auditors to ensure smooth audit process
- Coordinate the audit process and resolve audit issues within three months after the completion of the audit to ensure controls effectiveness of controls
- Present annual financial statements for Financial Reporting (Fire) Award to demonstrate excellence in financial reporting
- Obtain variance analysis for departmental capex reports between actual capex and budgets to determine if expenditure is within budget
- Ensure the Group’s fixed assets are properly managed
- Prepare / evaluate Capex justifications (CBAs) before committing company funds to ensure investment is done in viable projects
- To ensure overall Technical maintenance and DOC’s budget is properly prepared and controlled in order to ensure that expenditure is in line with business plans
- To formulate, maintain, enforce and control financial policies, procedures and internal controls within the section and Subsidiaries to ensure compliance with all reporting requirements as well as safeguard assets of the company
- Review Subsidiaries’ financial reports for correctness and accuracy, before consolidating them into the Group accounts
- Monitor Technical stocks from purchase to obsolescence
- To develop, train, motivate and coach staff to enhance performance for increased productivity
- Ensure leave is taken by all to at least the stipulated levels to reduce the KQ financial exposure at year-end
- Inculcate safety procedures at the workplace for good working environment for the team
- Degree in Business related field
- Full accounting Qualification – CPA
- MBA is desirable
- IFRS / IAS training
- Taxation rules and laws
- Advanced Analytical skills
- Integrity, Assertiveness, Proactive, Team player, Interpersonal skills, Motivator and self starter.
- 7 years in senior Finance and Accounting role in a busy commercial undertaking or external audit or consultancy firm
If you meet the above requirements, please apply through our website via
Deadline for application is 25th May 2016