Our client, Kenya Bankers Association (KBA) is the umbrella body of the institutions licensed and regulated by the Central Bank of Kenya.
With a current membership of 45 financial institutions, KBA continues to reinforce a reputable and professional banking sector in a bid to best support Kenyans, who entrust their ambitions and hard-earned resources with its member banks.
They are seeking to recruit a highly ambitious candidate to fill in the following position in their Nairobi office.
HR & Legal Assistant
Reporting to the HR, Legal and Industrial Relations Manager, the job holder will assist with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources and legal functions and duties.
The incumbent shall contribute to the accomplishment of Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
- Maintaining the HRIS database, generating scheduled or requested reports to assist management and periodically auditing the database to ensure accuracy
- Assisting in the development and updating of the Human Resources portal on the Company website
- Maintaining personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements
- Processing enrollments, changes, and terminations of participants in all benefit plans and programs;
- Tracking participants, training records and accomplishment of PDP goals;
- Participating in planning and implementing various employee relations and employee satisfaction initiatives
- Assisting with planning of Board meetings;
- Participating in the HR & Ethics and Legal and Compliance Committees to provide support and monitor activities and completion of goals;
- Performing legal and factual research with guidance from the manager and also checking and editing legal forms and documents for accuracy
- Preparing relevant written reports and correspondence
Qualifications and Skills:
- A degree in Human Resources Management or any business related field
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in a busy department. Experience in a law firm will be an added advantage;
- Proficiency in Human Resource Information Systems
- Excellent knowledge in Labor Laws
- Good understanding of business processes and controls to manage information, guide personnel, and facilitate decision-making
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to exhibit a high level of confidentiality
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to gather and analyze information skillfully
- Excellent oral and written proficiency in English
Interested candidates are requested to forward their applications and updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3rd June 2016 stating clearly the position applied for on the subject line, current and expected remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees, two of which should be professional referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.