Kenya Orient Insurance Limited
Job Title: Branch Manager – Nairobi
Division / Department: Underwriting
Immediate Supervisor: Underwriting Manager
Overall Responsibility: The position is responsible for the Company’s branch Operations, implementation of sound underwriting practices and driving sales and offering seamless customer experience.
Key Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring strict adherence to the cash and carry policy as per company guidelines
- Ensuring that all company monies are receipted and banked as per company guidelines
- Monitoring bounced cheques and taking appropriate action
- Ensuring all IPF’s are reviewed.
- Signing of accountable documents.
- Custodian of company assets and all accountable documents in the branch.
- Enforcing the set underwriting guidelines and ensuring adherence to set ISO standards.
- Day to day administration of the branch operations.
- Implementing the branch sales strategies.
- Recruiting, training growing new intermediaries.
- Reviewing business retention and profitability reports and taking corrective action and preparing reports on the same
- Ensuring renewal notices and renewal prelists are sent out on time, preparing reports on business retention.
- Supervising and staff development
- Motivating and talent management of staff.
- Ensuring all business is booked in the system on a timely manner and authorized as per company guidelines.
- Coordinating marketing drives and marketing activities for the branch and regularly submitting the periodic reports.
- Vetting of risks before they are accepted in the company books.
- Participating in building and enhancing good public image through various public relations initiatives.
- Validating all claims and ensuring that they are promptly communicated to the Claims Department and supporting documents submitted.
- Soliciting and negotiating special incentives to top performing intermediaries
- Leading and motivating the branch team to ensure achievement of branch objectives in alignment with company strategy
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent
- ACII/AIIK or equivalent
- 5 years’ in managing retail operations
- Knowledge in Claims, Underwriting and pricing
- Risk perception and assessment
- Ability to lead and develop others
- Ability to build relationships, innovative, analytical thinking and customer orientation.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the required qualifications, skills and experience, kindly visit http://korient.co.ke/careers/ and submit your application on or before Thursday, May 19th 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“We are an equal opportunity employer”