Vacancy: Head of SME Solution Center
The Kenya Institute of Management is the hub of management and leadership excellence providing the highest quality professional and institutional development programs for greater growth and expanded opportunities.
Our mission is to steer and champion excellence, integrity and competitiveness in individuals and organizations throughout Africa and beyond.
We achieve this through our service / product portfolio including: Membership Development Programs, Professional Diploma in Management and Certifications, Executive Short Courses, Management Consultancy, Research Solutions, Entrepreneurship and Business Skills Training, Business Advisory Services , Business Excellence and Recognition Awards (OPI / COYA / SMOYA) and Management Magazine.
The Institute hereby seeks to recruit a results-oriented and self-driven experienced professional to join our team in the following position:
Head of S.M.E
What IS K.I.M S.M.E Solution Center: The KIM’s SME Solution Centre (KIM-SSC) is a strategic business unit of the Institute that was established to promote professional management practices in the SME sector.
The mission of the Centre is to promote entrepreneurship and support the creation and growth of sustainable small and medium enterprises through the enhancement of entrepreneurial and professional management practices.
We do this through provision of quality training, research and consultancy services with the sole aim of assisting SMEs build their capacity for growth as they play a key role in wealth and job creation for this nation.
Through our countrywide network of 22 branches, KIM is able to work with SMEs in various counties as well as partner with development agencies in projects that have a nationwide scale.
The overall goal of the Centre is to enhance and promote entrepreneurship and enterprise development as a vehicle for wealth creation and economic development.
Purpose of the Job: Reporting to the Executive Director, the position holder is charged with the responsibility of providing high-quality advisory services to the Institute’s business partners and SME clients.
The Head of S.M.E Solution Center will be highly strategic in sourcing for projects, coordinating the projects and ensuring successful running of the projects to provide a guarantee and to achievement of defined revenue targets, the development of organizational capacity, and the growth of the guarantee service offerings to partner lending institutions and its related social impact and providing high-quality advisory services to the Institute’s S.M.E clients and help them turn into business champions.
- Lead the S.M.E Solution Center team in sourcing, managing and implementing new business opportunities.
- Continuously carry out market and competitor analysis as part of gathering market intelligence to inform business decisions.
- Develop and implement strategies and business solutions for clients. • Development of products, propositions and technical skills to support and provide sustainable solutions for clients.
- Active engagement with customers, project partners ensuring a strong external leadership profile for the individual and the Institute.
- Develop and implement new business development strategies to grow the S.M.E Solution Center business.
- Oversee the entire project process cycle including project site visits.
- Present project proposals for approval by the various targeted client organizations.
- Develop and manage relationships with the project partners and donors to meet their guarantee requirements.
- Manage an existing portfolio to ensure that credit quality is maintained while adding incremental growth.
- Proactively develop and implement capacity development strategies, approach papers and operational policies.
- Coordinate external relations and support the Executive Director in negotiating financial support for the S.M.E Solution Center.
- Prepare and implement annual capacity development budgets and work plans for the division.
- Manage the capacity development sub facility for project partners, donor institutions and business development support providers.
- Organize capacity development needs assessments of the identified clients.
- Identify and manage the sourcing, contracting and management of qualified providers of capacity development to business development support providers;
- Actively contribute to building relationships between donor organizations, project partners and business development support providers.
- Promoting effective tripartite relationships between project partners, donor organizations and business development support providers. Reporting on progress and results of the ongoing projects.
- Develop cohesive, professional and informed teams.
- Manage and lead the S.M.E Solution Center team.
- Ensure that the appropriate motivation, training and development needs are identified and managed.
Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Commerce/Business related course or in a related field
- Master’s Degree in a business related field. A PhD will be an added advantage.
- Professional certification as a CPA/ACCA/CA/CPS or any other related professional certification
- 8 years’ experience at a management level working across varied commercial portfolio or program evaluation 3 of which should be at a senior management level.
- A strong proven track record in leading a motivating staff.
- A commitment to developing talent.
- Demonstrate a logical, methodical and systematic approach to work.
- Ability to work to under strict deadlines and ambitious targets.
- Self-motivated with the ability to suggest solutions to problems.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and relationship building skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, confidence and accountability.
- Accurate with attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and be a self-motivator.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements / qualifications and are interested in an opportunity to work in a dynamic environment that embraces mutual respect and support, then we would like to hear from you. Kindly forward your application accompanied by a detailed resume, email address, day time telephone contact, name and address of three referees.
The applications should reach the undersigned not later than Close of Business 9th May 2016.
The Head of Human Capital
The Kenya Institute of Management
P.O. Box 43706-00100
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
KIM is an equal opportunity employer