Exciting opportunity to make a difference
Our client, the Kenya Tea Development Agency Holdings Ltd (KTDA) is one of the largest private tea management agencies, currently managing 67 factories in the small-scale tea sub-sector in Kenya.
The Agency is seeking qualified and experienced talent to join the team in the following high profile position:
Reporting to the Finance and Strategy Director, the Financial Controller will be required to ensure effective and continuous improvement of financial control systems, procedures and policies in the organization.
The position holder will be expected to ensure maintenance of accurate financial records, timely availability and reliability of financial information and reports, effective internal cost control and optimal utilization of resources.
The position holder will also be expected to play a critical role in the investment of funds, risk management and group consolidation of financial statements.
- Formulating and reviewing company finance and accounting policies and procedures;
- Ensuring effective management and utilization of company resources and assets;
- Maintaining accurate records and effective internal controls;
- Liaising with subsidiaries and other departments to ensure optimization of processes through effective use of SAP system;
- Ensuring timely preparation of company and group consolidated financial statements;
- Investing funds in a timely and optimal manner; and within approved policies; and
- Managing, coaching and developing staff under his/her supervision.
Qualifications and experience required
- Have at least 10 years financial management experience 5 years of which should have been at senior level;
- Be a holder of a degree from a recognized university, preferably B.Com (Accounting). MBA will be an added advantage;
- Qualified Accountant CPA (K) ,ACCA, ACA;
- Knowledge of integrated automated systems; and
- Possess excellent analytical and interpersonal skills with a good sense of judgement and initiative.
For the full details of this position, and how to apply; kindly log onto our e-recruitment platform via https://recruitment.deloitte.co.ke
The closing date for the applications is 10 June 2016.
Email or hard copy applications will not be accepted.
Only those submitted through Deloitte’s e-recruitment portal will be considered.
Kenya Tea Development Agency Holdings Limited is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified Kenyans are encouraged to apply.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee, and its network of member firms, each of which is a legally separate and independent entity. Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited and its member firms.
© 2016 Deloitte & Touche