Program Accountant, Kenya Innovation Engine (KIE)
Land O’Lakes International Development has applied, since 1981, an integrated approach to international economic development that capitalizes on our company’s 90 years as a leading farm-to-market agribusiness.
We use our practical experience and in-depth knowledge to facilitate market-driven business solutions that generate economic growth, improve health and nutrition, and alleviate poverty.
The overarching goal for KIE is to identify and scale innovations that address food security and nutrition, through private sector mechanisms.
The Position: The Program Accountant shall be responsible for the accounting and financial reporting of the program and shall report directly to the KIE Chief of Party, with a dotted reporting line to the Finance & Accounting function in HQ.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Prepare program budgets and forecast reports
- Prepare and analyze accurate and timely financial reports for the program
- Ensure program compliance with donor rules and regulations, government requirements as well as Land O’Lakes financial and operational policies.
- Provide administrative support and coordinate of program procurement.
- Liaise with the Grants and Operations Manager on management and monitoring of program awards.
- Liaise with the regional accounting team to strengthen the internal control environment to safeguard organizations assets.
- Coordinating program audits.
- Support the Chief of Party to ensure sound financial management of the program.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or Commerce from a recognized University, in addition to fully completed CPA or ACCA professional qualifications.
- At least 5 years’ experience in accounting and financial management within an international development organization.
- Demonstrated experience working on US Government funded programs will be distinctly advantageous.
- Competency in use of computer and accounting software; knowledge of Deltek Costpoint accounting system and excellent excel skills will be an added advantage.
- Familiarity with grant accounting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Highly developed conceptual, analytical and innovative problem-solving ability.
Note that this is a 10-month contract.
Interested candidates should apply through the link:
no later than Friday May 27, 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.