The Role: The HR Manager is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource function.
Key Result Areas
- Maintaining the work flow and structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions and assessing actual performance versus set KPI’s.
- Extensive experience with HR Information Systems.
- Controlling the company wage bill by ensuring employee quotas are met with acceptable terms that are both industry competitive and sustainable to the company. This will entail conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay plans; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Maintaining organization staff pedigree and skill requirement by establishing a recruiting, selection, testing, interviewing and orientation program; training line managers on candidate selection; conducting and analysing exit interviews and recommending changes to senior management.
- Ensuring planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counselling employees and supervisors.
- Developing with line managers HR planning strategies which consider immediate and long-term staff requirements
- Ensuring legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable HR laws, statutory requirements and practices extending to the laws of Kenya and the generally acceptable industry standards; Labour relations also included.
- Maintaining management guidelines are upheld and dissipated in a fitting manner by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintaining historical HR records by designing, maintaining and updating a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records for a period no less than 10 years.
- Completion of HR operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Taking lead in the disciplinary and grievance resolution process to ensure they run smoothly, according to law, company policy and in a just manner.
- Ensuring employee safety, welfare, wellness and health. This involves compliance with Health, safety & environment guidelines.
- A Bachelor’s degree preferably in Human Resource Management.
- A minimum of 3-4 years role specific experience.
- Membership at IHRM
- An amount of creativity to produce tailored outcomes that accurately portray the company’s brand.
- Experience of a busy, high pressure working environment is an advantage as the role demands the ability to handle multiple workloads with key task identification and prioritisation essential.
Interested applicants should submit their CV’s clearly marked “HR Manager” on the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for all applications is 15th May 2016.