Role Title: Marketing Manager
Role Summary: The Marketing manager is responsible for developing, implementing and executing strategic marketing plans for the entire organization in order to attract potential customers and retain existing ones.
His/her day-to-day tasks include managing and overseeing the departmental operations and staff in the following roles; Sales, Integrated Marketing Communication, Digital Marketing, Client Relations Management and Products & Innovations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- In charge of business revenue growth and lifetime customer value by ensuring a robust pipeline and conversion of prospects
- Manage all the market-related activities for the company including developing the marketing strategic plan, sales strategic plan in line with the overall company strategic plan.
- Responsible for the company’s sales and marketing budget to ensure sufficient funding for company’s marketing projects and cost efficient customer acquisition.
- Overall responsibility for brand management and corporate identity by maintaining effective internal and external communications through various media platforms to ensure consistent brand communication.
- Expand company’s market reach by organizing and attending events, exhibitions while developing strategic relationships with event coordinators to maximize visibility at relevant sales promotional events, conferences and workshops.
- Ensure relevance of the company products and services by conducting continuous market research and customer surveys.
- Responsible for all the company’s marketing and digital assets.
- Develops and establishes departmental operating policies and procedures consistent with broad company policies and objectives while appraising and evaluating the departmental performance regularly and systematically.
- Any other duty as may be assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
The Manager must have proficient knowledge in the following areas;
- Relevant ICT products and industry knowledge including the latest trends, technologies and methodologies.
- Principles and methods for promoting and selling products and services including marketing strategies, marketing techniques and sales control systems
- Business and management principles involved in strategic planning and coordination of people and resources.
- Intimate understanding of traditional and emerging markets.
- Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges related to market segments, niches and potential markets.
- A high standard of computer literacy.
The Marketing Manager must demonstrate the following skills;
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively.
- Ability to negotiate and communicate complex technical ideas to non-technical stakeholders.
- Demonstrate a high level of independent judgment.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with ability to influence diverse and cross-functional teams.
- Ability to plan, formulate and implement strategies by using or adapting tactics.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Attention to details and customer focus.
- Ability to understand clients’ needs with flexibility and strong attention to details promoting a customer focused culture.
The Marketing Manager must also demonstrate the following personal Attributes;
- Maintain high business standards of conduct
- Possess cultural and political awareness and sensitivity
- An open flexible attitude
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Be honest and reliable.
Education and Experience
- Business degree with specialization in marketing/sales/advertising/PR or equivalent professional qualification.
- Minimum four (4) years’ experience in developing and maintaining marketing strategies.
- Technical marketing skills.
- Experience in customer and market research.
- Experience with relevant software applications.
- Registered member Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) /Marketing Society Kenya (MSK) will be an added advantage.
Interested candidates to send their detailed CV’s and application letters to email@example.com by 26th May 2016.
Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.