Department / Section: Medical
Job Purpose: Responsible for clinical services within the Hospital, ensures provision of efficient services, plans, controls use of resources, budget and medical supplies.
- Provides leadership, coaching, support and guidance to ensure achievement of set objectives.
- Ensures guidance and training of junior doctors, clinical officers, interns, medical students and other cadres of clinical staff
- Overall supervision of the running of laboratory, pharmacy, medical stores, X-ray, Dental, Anesthesia, Eye, Physiotherapy, TB and medical records units.
- Ensures that duty rota’s for Doctors and clinical officers are produced and adequate with cover for all areas.
- Ensures students and interns on attachment are appropriately placed within medical department and well supervised.
- Proactively encourages continuous medical education for all cadres of staff including weekly meetings within the department, bi-weekly critical updates and external meetings of clinical relevance.
- Corresponds with overseas Doctors wishing to work in the Hospital, applying for their licenses and ensuring their orientation on arrival and support during their stay.
- Proactively ensures that the treatment manual and other guidelines and protocols are up-to-date and readily available to staff.
- Proactively sources for medical supplies and equipment in collaboration with CEO/work with MOH and donor agencies in the promotion of health in the catchments areas.
- Communicates with Donors and visitors on appropriate equipment, drugs and supplies to donate.
- Preparation and ensuring compliance with the set budget
- Ensures annual performance evaluations (appraisals) are done by unit supervisors and also evaluates the Doctors, Clinical Officers, unit supervisors and single staff units.
- Represents the Hospital and liaises with the local and national authorities, donor agencies to promote the Hospital’s programs/facilitates successful coordination.
- Minimum of MSC in medicine
- At least 10 years in a senior management position in a health institution
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent grasp of soft skills and ability to pay attention to detail
- Must be a team player
- High level of integrity and conflict handling skills.
- A calling as a Christian to serve
- Enforcing of ethics and professionalism in healthcare provision.
- Must proactively keep abreast of improvements in healthcare provision
- Ensuring proper coverage by Doctors
- Dealing with the high turnover and lack Doctors willing to join the Hospital
- Dealing with donors and health agencies.
Send a CV to: email@example.com
Subject: Hospital Administrator