Our Client a Microfinance Bank seeks to recruit a self-driven individual to the position of Head of Business Development.
The successful candidate will be tasked with development and implementation of the organizational projects and initiating strategies.
The candidate will in charge of the Business Development Managers and will be accountable for their overall performance.
The successful candidate will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Develop business strategies to ensure that the Bank achieves its mandate;
- Provide strategic leadership to the Business Development teams, coordinate their activities, set targets and monitor their overall performance;
- Initiate, establish and maintain the Bank’s business development policies and procedures; monitor and ensure their regular update and consistent application;
- Establish guidelines and monitor application to ensure that new project proposals are processed in accordance with set procedures, standards, agreed time schedules to enable sound investment decisions to be made timeously;
- Design and implement new products to address the demands of the customers
- Continuously develop, monitor and analyze the Bank’s project pipeline to ensure that the projects therein meet the bank’s quality standards;
- Develop and manage a team of highly skilled and motivated professionals to implement Bank’s development mandate and deliver quality results;
- Provide technical guidance to the business development team in project evaluation, credit management and risk assessment;
- Business management and negotiation skills;
- Strategic leadership;
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills;
- Business acumen and results orientation; and
- Demonstrable team working and People Development;
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Banking, Finance, Business Administration or other relevant degree;
- Professional qualifications including CFA, ACCA, CPA, ACIB or a related field;
- A minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in a senior management role in a Financial Institution;
- Excellent analytical skills in particular financial modeling skills;
- Extensive knowledge of project cycle management; and
- Clean record of service in the banking industry with specific expertise in project planning and credit management.
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge please visit www.altimaafrica.com/careers.php and apply online by 5pm 3rd June 2016.