MicroSave is a market leader in providing consulting services to retail financial institutions globally.
Our clients include leading commercial banks, deposit taking microfinance institutions, SACCOs, microfinance institutions and multilateral and bi-lateral donors.
With increasing demand for our services, MicroSave intends to recruit an Accountant to join its team in Kenya.
Key Functions will include
- Keeping an updated Financial Accounting System
- Managing cash and funds for the organisation by assisting directors with the required information
- Preparing and submitting timely reports to the stakeholder internally and externally
- Verifying and strengthening internal control system
- Ensuring timely Audits- Internal and External
- Invoicing and credit control
- Project based accounting and record keeping
- Other accounting duties as shall be required from time to time
Location: The role holder will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Experience: Interested persons should have 4-6 years accounting experience with at least 2 years in a similar role preferably in the service industry.
Qualities & Skills: This position requires qualification in accounting and skills in using the commonly used accounting computer software.
Other relevant skills include:
- Developed computer skills in Microsoft office packages including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- High quality English speaking and writing ability, a professional demeanour and high levels of integrity.
- A high degree of self-drive, enthusiasm, flexibility and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experience with using an accounting software preferably tally
- Knowledge on KRA iTax and submission of returns
Education: Certified Public Accountant (CPA-K), with a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce / Business Administration.
Language: Excellent spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
Salary: Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience. Please state current and salary expectations in your application letter.
Availability: State availability (notice period) in your application letter.
Deadline: Deadline for applications is 5 pm Fri 20th May 2016
Correspondence: Applications and detailed CV to be addressed to MicroSave HR Manager and sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, marking the subject as “Ref: ACCOUNTANT-KENYA OFFICE”.
Applications not meeting minimum requirements will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted