General Information: Food loss is a global issue that reduces household incomes and limits access to nutrition. More than 30 percent of global food production intended for human consumption is estimated to never reach consumers.
Since 1968, our client catalyzes high-impact, market-led partnerships that build competitive value chains, expand smallholder market access and create enduring economic opportunities.
Our client is partnering with a similar foundation to implement the YieldWise scale up program which is aimed at reducing food loss among smallholder mango farmers in Kenya by increasing household incomes and expanding availability of safe and nutritious foods.
Purpose of the Job: The M&E Field Supervisor will manage field monitoring activities and will be reporting to Horticulture (YieldWise and MZ) M&E Coordinator – Kenya.
Reports to: M&E Coordinator, Horticulture
Duration: Temporary Six (6) months renewable
Project: Horticulture – Yieldwise / Mavuno Zaidi
Duties and Responsibilities:
Specifically, the Horticulture (YieldWise and MZ) M&E Field Supervisor will perform the tasks outlined here under:
- Collecting periodic data from selected farmers and selected producer business groups (PBGs)
- Supervising enumerator data collection (coordinating daily data collection responsibilities, checking questionnaires, troubleshooting)
- Conducting back-checks and spot-checks during enumerator data collection and training evaluations
- Cleaning of mirror (sample) farmers and mirror (sample) PBG data
- Attending a sample of sessions of CESP training of farmers to evaluate training effectiveness
- Attending a sample of sessions of BA training of PBG committees to evaluate training effectiveness
- Carry out spot checks by calling or visiting farmers, PBGs and buyers to ensure that the data is accurate and evidence based.
- Assist the M&E Coordinator in data entry, analysis and generation of reports.
- Ensuring the highest standard of quality and integrity in data collection, verification, cleaning and entry
- Relevant Qualifications: Minimum Diploma holder
- At least 2 year experience in data collection and quality control
- Excellent reporting skills
- Proficiency in Ms-Excel
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills a must;
- Ability to generate innovative solutions in work situations;
- Proven ability and experience working with teams will be an added advantage;
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili required;
- Willingness to travel to remote rural locations like Tana River County, Embu, Meru South, and Elgeyo Marakwet counties for extended periods.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please send your CV to and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org In the cover letter make sure to indicate your three years’ salary history.
Deadline for receiving applications: 14th May 2016
* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.