Medecins Sans Frontieres – Holland, Kenya office is looking for a dynamic candidate to fill the following position:
(AS010 – Level 6)
Based in Nairobi
Main Purpose: Reporting to the Finance Coordinator, the incumbent shall be responsible for controlling the daily cash / check management, by checking the data reliability, tracking invoices and
submitting monthly accounts in accordance with the Finance Coordinator’s instructions and MSF protocols to provide accurate, updated financial information; overseeing the books of the different missions and preparing the project books to be integrated in the master by the Finance Coordinator
1. Maintains and updates cashbook movements for each petty cash box, record all In and Out, transactions ensure that cashbox balances always reflect the actual amount of money kept in the cashboxes and, investigate any discrepancy.
2. Ensures strict compliance with cash control procedures for each cashbox / currency (daily cash control, weekly cash inventory, reconciliation with Boox together with the line manager, to ensure reliable and updated financial information.
3. Monitors cash advances by ensuring that MSF rules and protocols are followed and the amounts advanced to be duly refunded.
4. Keeps track of bills/vouchers and other running costs and analyzing the related information (costs, service contracts …) to give reliable information about the mission functioning
5. Ensures all receipts meet MSF requirements (deadlines, information, signatures …).
6. Ensures monthly reports including the accounts report in accordance with MSF procedures, checking individual entries and preparing the necessary administrative documents (originals) as a basis for justification and explanation of payments and receipts made.
7. Checks the quality of the receipts for check payments
8. Manages the subaccounts for expats, including sharing a monthly overview of the balance.
9. Performs currency exchange operations in accordance with the country’s exchange rate policy.
10. Prepares the payment of taxes within legal datelines.
11. Responsible for the processing of BooX peripheral accounting (project and capital)
- Checks and validates the accounting of all BooX peripheral accounts (spot check)
- Checks the quality of the accounting allocations; check the conformity of all the invoices and other vouchers and ensures they are approved;
- Under the responsibility of the Finance Coordinator analyses the problems of cashbox discrepancies and gives technical help to find solutions
12. Ensures quality check on mission accounting:
- Correct encoding of salaries
- Follow-up and matching of internal transfers and advances in the mission
- Carry out of invoice split for international and local freight invoices
- Management of the expenses of other missions/sections
- Preparing OP (payment orders) documents to be sent to HQ
- Validation and allocation of HQ invoices
- Simulation encoding
- BooX HR module encoding
13. Responsible for filing accounting documents:
- Organizes financial documents and their annexes (PO/PU/PL)
- Prepares documents for audits
- Organizes the scanning of documents
- Archives mission Financial documents
Education and Knowledge Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or equivalent profession, CPA or ACCA
- Master’s degree an added advantage
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar position.
- MSF experience is an added advantage
- Mission and local language essential
- Stress Management
If you are interested and meet the above requirements, please send your CV indicating 3 referees and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for this application is Friday, May 13, 2016
Only shortlisted candidates contacted.