About us: Ocean Basket is based at The Oval Westlands in Nairobi.
We focus on bringing a new dimension to the Kenyan dining scene, since at our restaurant you’ll find friendly people, a home-from-home feeling and great value for your hard-earned money.
The following position is open for Application with a reasonable starting salary and a safe working environment.
General overview of Duties and Responsibilities
We are seeking qualified applicants to join our professional restaurant team.
The successful candidate should have a strong ethic, be responsible for restaurant operations per their designation and ensuring our high standards level are met.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare standard mixed drinks for cocktails and other drinks.
- Ensure all the glassware and utensils are cleaned after every use.
- Serve wine and beer.
- Collect payment from customers and operate a cash register.
- Serve food to customers seated at the bar.
- Check identification of customers to make sure they meet age requirements for purchase of alcohol and tobacco products.
- Determine when a customer has had too much alcohol.
- Clean up after customers and clean work area.
- Order and maintain liquor and bar supplies
- Keep bar stocked with necessary beverages, food items, paper supplies, utensils, ice, and other supplies at all times
- Arrange bottles and glasses to make attractive displays.
- Mix and pour drinks according to prescribed recipes or portions, referring to recipe cards as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A Minimum of two years working experience in a high ranking restaurant or hotel
- 20-25 years of Age
- A minimum grade of C in K.C.S.E
- Exceptional communication skills and great customer service skills
- Excellent culinary expertise
- Superior food and beverage knowledge
- Excellent attention to detail
- Exceptional ability to multi task.
- Immaculate personal grooming and presentation
- A positive attitude, enthusiastic personality and a winning smile
- Should be able to work under minimum supervision.
- Should be a team player
- Should be able to work under pressure
Kindly send your CV together with a cover letter and a passport size photo.
All candidates must state in the heading the job title being applied for.
Interested candidates should forward their CVs to (firstname.lastname@example.org) stating their current and expected gross remuneration, day time telephone contact and addresses of 3 referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.