About us: Ocean Basket is based at The Oval Westlands in Nairobi.
We focus on bringing a new dimension to the Kenyan dining scene, since at our restaurant you’ll find friendly people, a home-from-home feeling and great value for your hard-earned money.
The following position is open for Application with a reasonable starting salary and a safe working environment.
General overview of Duties and Responsibilities
We are seeking qualified applicants to join our professional restaurant team.
The successful candidate should have a strong ethic, be responsible for restaurant operations per their designation and ensuring our high standards level are met.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Warmly and graciously greets all guests upon arrival
- When immediate seating is limited, records guest names and number of people in party.
- Call out names and number of party’s when tables are available.
- Provide guests with estimated waiting time, always maintaining a professional, courteous attitude when confronted with hostile, impatient or irate guests.
- Accommodate special seating requests for guests whenever possible.
- Seat guests based on guest preferences and balancing of customer flow in service stations.
- Upon seating, offer guests a menu and inform them of their server’s name. Inspect table for proper presentation and completeness.
- Maintain supplies of mints and toothpicks at the host’s stand.
- Clean off food and stains from the menus.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the manager on duty.
- Appreciate guests on exit from the restaurant and invite them to return. Relay guest comments or suggestions to the manager on duty.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A Minimum of two years working experience in a high ranking restaurant or hotel
- 20-25 years of Age
- A minimum grade of C in K.C.S.E
- Exceptional communication skills and great customer service skills
- Excellent culinary expertise
- Superior food and beverage knowledge
- Excellent attention to detail
- Exceptional ability to multi task.
- Immaculate personal grooming and presentation
- A positive attitude, enthusiastic personality and a winning smile
- Able to handle customers
- Able to work under pressure
- Has impeccable etiquette
Kindly send your CV together with a cover letter and a passport size photo.
All candidates must state in the heading the job title being applied for.
Interested candidates should forward their CVs to (email@example.com) stating their current and expected gross remuneration, day time telephone contact and addresses of 3 referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.