Country Director Somalia
Competitive package with substantial benefits (one year renewable)
Oxfam is a world-wide development organization that mobilizes the power of people against poverty.
The role: Lead a bold new Country Programme strategy in this important country.
The Country Director will be responsible for directing the development of the new programme portfolio, based on influencing and the enhanced use of technology and communications, by providing vision and strategic leadership to all of Oxfam’s work in Somalia.
This includes Oxfam’s advocacy, policy and influencing, long term development programme design and implementation and humanitarian responses.
Furthermore he/she is responsible and accountable for the strategic direction and effective management of the Country programming ensuring development, continued improvement in quality and impact of programmes, quality institutional fundraising and effective financial and human resource management in line with Oxfam Policy.
Finally, the Country Director will be responsible to implement the Oxfam 2020 Vision which aims to create a stronger Oxfam that is globally coordinated and relevant in every country in which we work.
The position is accountable to the Oxfam Regional Director for Horn, Eastern and Central Africa for the delivery, effective management (which includes budgets and planning), monitoring and evaluation, and learning from the programme.
What we are looking for:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field;
- proven track record of applying new technologies to programming or make use of existing technologies to innovatively influence programme design and delivery;
- proven track record in influencing and advocacy work at both grassroots as well as high international levels;
- experience in leading and motivating multi disciplinary teams, operating in geographically remote locations.
- significant senior leadership and management experience, influencing and humanitarian strategy, with and through partners or directly, in one or more challenging locations;
- proven record of successful investment in start-up programming to ultimately achieve impact at scale;
- committed to a rights-based approach including an active commitment to putting women’s rights at the heart of all we do as well as the rights of other marginalized people in all aspects of the organization’s work;
- a high degree of self awareness and an understanding of how to drive and support excellent team performance and individual development in line with Oxfam’s values and policies;
- proven track record of success in representing an organization with partners, government agencies, private sector organizations, media and donors at senior level: nationally and globally;
- NGO sector experience in Somalia is an asset;
How to Apply
If you are interested please send your application letter and CV in English, mentioning reference number 5-8953 to email@example.com for the attention of Miranda Bulpitt-Hoff, International HR Advisor, no later than May 15, 2016.
Further information about this position can be obtained from Holger Wagner, Regional Director for the Horn, East & Central Africa, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information about the procedure is available with Ageeth Verweij, Ageeth.email@example.com.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.