The KEMRI/UW/MOH/CDC Adolescent (PHASE) Study Project seeks to recruit dynamic, innovative and experienced persons to fill the following positions:
The Study Nurse shall report to the Study Coordinator. S/he shall be expected to work under minimum supervision and provide guidance to other study staff under him/her.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- S/he will act as point person for the Study and a liaison between the study sites and the Study office.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of study design and goal, and ensure that the study is conducted in compliance with study protocols and other regulatory requirements.
- Assist in facilitation of access to facilities from the Ministry of Health to the Sub-County level.
- Coordinate entry into the facility and logistics surrounding data collections and survey administration.
- Maintain strong relationship with study clinical sites and stakeholders involved in the study
- Data collection from source documents and administration of study questionnaires and telephone in-depth interviews according to the SOP.
- Follow up of all the study forms from the various sites and submission of the same to the data manager
- Participate in weekly research team meetings.
- Perform other duties that may be given by the Investigators
- Ensure that there is compliance with local, state and federal regulations
- Minimum Diploma in Nursing (KRCN/KRN); registration with the Nursing Council of Kenya with a Certificate in Counseling
- Previous experience with clinical research
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and financial accountability.
- Commitment to integrity and high quality performance.
- Strong professional references from previous supervisors.
- Above average computer applications experience and proficiency.
Remuneration: Compensation is negotiable within a relevant grade, based on educational levels, relevant experience and demonstrated competency. The salary scheme is based on the KEMRI salary scales.
If you meet the above requirements, please CLICK HERE to complete the online application form and then send an application letter with your current CV that contains details of your qualifications, experience and the full time telephone number and names and addresses of 3 professional referees to Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org to reach us by 20th May, 2016 at 5.00 p.m.
Note: Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.