Department: Power Systems Division (PSD)
Location: Head Office
Reports to: General Manager, PSD
Job Purpose: Responsible for planning, leading and managing daily technical activities in order to ensure customer satisfaction and to meet set contractual quality, financial, cost and time targets.
- Coordinate the Technical team so as to plan and manage daily maintenance, service, installation activities at customer sites and/or assigned team.
- Ensure maintenance reliability and availability of the plant according to the terms in the contract.
- Identify and actively seek to improve maintenance reliability and availability of the plants.
- Ensure that the performance targets of the department are reached and continuously improved on.
- Ensure that the condition of all generators and equipment is in accordance with all applicable guidelines and policies, and that corrective action is taken to correct any nonconformities.
- Ensure that all work executed at plant and at customers’ premises is in compliance with required quality standards, health & safety standards, environmental standards, company standards and also conforms to the set customer site procedures and maintenance plan.
- Preparation of reports, maintenance plans and budgets as instructed by the General Manager.
- Implementation of contract management action plans, processes and guidelines.
- Develop the maintenance working routines at the plant and at customers’ premises.
- Maintain good internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Maintain reasonable levels of consumable stock and tooling to ensure effective and efficient execution of service plans.
- Train, coach and mentor the technical team for improved performance.
- Work closely with the Technical Sales Manager as and when required.
- And any other duties as may be assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering.
- Must be a registered or licensed mechanical / electrical engineer.
- Must have 8 – 10 years’ technical and managerial experience in a similar role working with heavy duty engines like Cummins, Volvo, Perkins and related engines.
- Good ICT skills.
Technical Competencies required:
- Project planning and execution
- Contract Management.
- Logistics and warranty processes
- Engine Control System knowledge.
- Parameter trending & analysis.
- Engine overhauls and fuel room operations
- Scheduled maintenance, MS.
- Technical drawings and flow charts.
- A person of high integrity.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Process improvement and customer focused.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
“Our Client is an Equal opportunities employer”