Job Ref.: MIL-284238
The company operates a leading marketplace that provides a simple solution to the complications involved in selling, buying, trading, discussing, organizing, and meeting people near you, wherever you may reside and is used in over 105 countries in 40 languages.
The organisation’s team is data driven and always performance oriented. We develop and execute market entry strategies on a global scale.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Public Relations and Communications professional based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing in East Africa, this role will predominantly drive consumer PR working closely with the Brand Engagement Manager.
Public Relations Strategy
- Define and articulate a consumer-centered publicity strategy with actionable initiatives over short to medium term
- Develop an actionable strategic media engagement framework with clear objectives and outcome targets
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting our business and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
- Initiate exciting and innovative PR /buzz marketing efforts to help promote the brand in a closely integrated way with overall marketing efforts with the aim of step-changing user acquisition efforts
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with appropriate media contacts through regular formal and informal meetings
- Consistently produce and distribute relevant editorial content to the target audience via both digital and non-digital channels; Print, Radio, TV, Online formats such as user testimonials through structured storylines and themes.
- Crisis Management; Develop and manage communication to internal and external stakeholders in case of a crisis.
- Manage an editorial calendar and work with freelance writers or influential bloggers to develop content for online distribution.
- Ensure delivery of regular communications for all staff through a range of channels, ensuring ease of access to communications, clarity and consistency of messaging
- Collaborate and engage with company leadership to understand business objectives and deliver appropriate internal communication content
- Work closely with Human Resources and the Executive Team on enhancing communication and employee engagement
- Develop and implement an events sponsorship plan with a clear goal of accelerating user acquisition at optimal costs
- Support the below the line activities by generating coverage of these activities in the main stream media.
- 5+ years consumer PR experience either in-house or with an agency
- Experience in handling publicity for agricultural/rural programs will be an added advantage.
- Experience dealing with external agencies to maximise performance
- First class written and oral communication skills
- Possess some journalism skills in either print or broadcast media having worked as a news producer in a newsroom
- Strong networks within the media community.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Team player who can work effectively in a small, scrappy start-up environment and with remote international teams
- Empathetic, personable and affable demeanor
- A true passion to obtain outstanding results while working on a service that deeply impacts people’s lives. If you don’t believe in and love what we do, this is not the role for you.
- University degree in Communications, Media, Marketing, performing arts, Music, literature, history or related studies
- Previous experience engaging with users /customers online through social platforms such as Instagram or Facebook is a must
All applications must be clearly marked “PR and Communication Lead” on the email subject line.
Applications close on 11th June 2016