Radio Africa Group the home of Kenya’s top talent is a fast growing and dynamic media company consisting of 5 radio stations, a multi channel television station, several digital products and one newspaper.
Reporting to the Head of Content, the Investigations Editor will be responsible for using investigative stories to strengthen the in-depth reporting and investigation projects of the editorial arm of the company.
- Conduct investigations into issues that are pertinent to the country and report using the top journalism standards.
- Prepare news items on investigations in both long and short format.
- Expose corruption and abuse of office and also do long form analysis.
- Ensure that the content is accurate, simple to understand, literate, numerate and free from libel.
- Check that all information is factual, fair, well balanced and upholds fair comment before proceeding.
- Maintain the confidence of and protect sources at all times.
- Degree in journalism or mass communication
- Minimum of 5 years work experience working on the investigations desk
- While relevant academic and professional qualifications are key, candidates who meet the outlined work experience are highly encouraged to apply
- A naturally inquisitive person who believes that there is always more than meets the eye.
- Ability to build excellent news contacts and inspire trust from newsmakers and other news sources.
- Excellent command of the English language with advanced written and verbal skills
- Ability to maintain high quality work while dealing with intense pressure and tight deadlines
- Should be a team player with excellent interpersonal, communication and coordination skills
- An energetic, self driven person of impeccable integrity and honesty
- A meticulous individual with a keen eye for detail.
- A visionary, results oriented and energetic team player with a passion for the business
Radio Africa Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will offer a competitive package to the successful candidate.
If you match the above qualifications and requirements you may apply by sending your application letter and updated cv to email@example.com so as to reach us by 2nd June, 2016.
Please include your daytime telephone number and names and contact telephone and email address of 3 professional referees one of whom must be your former employer.
We regret that in light of anticipated numerous applications, only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Disclaimer: Radio Africa does not charge a recruitment fee or work with any persons or agencies which charge a recruitment fee.