Recruitment of a Team Leader for DFID funded Monitoring and Evaluation for the Somalia Humanitarian Programme
Transtec seeks a Team Leader for the DFID Somalia Humanitarian Monitoring and Evaluation Project which assists DFID in measuring aid effectiveness and generating an evidence base for the continuation of multi-year humanitarian funding.
The innovative technology behind this unique funding approach combines a complex set of M&E tools like Real time M&E platform, Remote Sensing, Mobile Data Collection.
The project operates from Nairobi, Kenya but a big part of its activities are run in Somalia.
This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya, with travel to Somalia.
Position Summary: The individual selected for the Team Leader will be based in Nairobi, with travel to Somalia.
He/she will be responsible for overall management of the project, including, but not limited to, strategic direction of implementation, quality assurance, budgetary oversight and supervision of staff.
Implementation is largely field-based, and focuses on providing continual, on-the-ground performance Monitoring of DFID humanitarian projects and activities in Somalia, as well as the provision of independent Evaluation services.
The Team Leader will coordinate and oversee the generation of robust findings on specific results indicators as they relate to current humanitarian priorities of DFID, enabling DFID officials to better meet day-to-day information needs in order to make informed programme management decisions.
- General oversight of project activities.
- Leading and overseeing project and budget planning.
- Providing guidance in the determination of the needs and overseeing the implementation of monitoring, evaluation, and related activities. Also responsible for developing scopes of work, and negotiating scopes of work as appropriate with DFID and with providers of desired services.
- Recruiting and managing administrative support and professional staff, including consultants, for short-term and long-term assignments, and reviewing their performance.
- Maintaining close and cooperative relationships with DFID Officers and DFID Implementing Partners.
- Representing the project at meetings, conferences, workshops, etc.
- Preparing technical, financial, and operational reports as required.
- Relevant and advanced university degree.
- 15 years’ experience working in International Development.
- 10 years’ experience working as a team lead or Chief of Party.
- Very strong and demonstrated written communication and analytical skills (English language).
- Experience working in conflict or post-conflict countries.
- Directly relevant and substantive M&E and/or verification experience are preferred but not required.
Time commitment: 180 working-days/year (average of 15 working days per month).
Time frame: 15 June 2016 to 2 March 2018.
Please send your CV and a cover letter to Ms Marta Chudzikiewicz at firstname.lastname@example.org before 03/06/2016.