Level: Middle Level Management
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Travel requirement: 60 %
Direct Reporting: Managing Director
Indirect Reporting: Operations Manager
To improve on management and increase profit margins of the E- HUBBS we are looking for a Regional Manager who will have the overall responsibility of her/his region of assignment, incl. all human resources, working capital and assets.
- Elaborate and compile a regional strategy to increase gross profit of the region.
- Elaborate strategies to turnaround under-performing E-HUBBs.
- Assess and suggest to supervisor new business opportunities in specific E-HUBB sites.
- Implement a continuous market research via AOs for all sites, areas and the entire region to suggest new product and/or business ideas to increases profit.
- Be aware of all developments on community level that might deteriorate the profit or even threaten business continuity of an E-HUBB and report the same.
- Attend to all administrative issues of assigned AO in coordination with the respective department (such as, Retail Dept., Human Resources Dept., Finance Dept. etc.)
- Supervise the work quality, attention to detail, communication and completeness of AOs; identify key areas of training needs of assigned AOs; train AOs on-the-job.
- Mentor, personally coach and build relationships with AO team.
- Assure compliance of AOs with all internal policies & procedures through adequate control measures; check weekly and monthly the AO Operator visit checklist (refer to checklist form); report non-compliance immediately to supervisor; execute corrective measures upon approval from supervisor.
- Undertake field visits with and without AOs (incl. surprise visits), sometimes for prolonged periods in remote areas of the region; serve as a role model for AOs; motivate AOs with overall objective to motivating operators.
- Implement the company’s approved sales and marketing strategies, promotion activities, planograms and awareness campaigns elaborated by the Sales & Marketing Dept. by undertaking and ensuring corrective training schemes.
- Suggest to supervisor, oversee and implement regular promotion activities in each area to serve as a role model to AOs and operators.
- Coordinate with the Supply Chain Manager (SCM) in relation to logistics planning, distribution to and receipt of stock at E-HUBBs.
- Initiate and oversee stock takes via AO in all kiosks within assigned region
- Oversee and implement stock intake with local distributors in coordination with the SCM.
- Collect and analyze all checklist reports from the AO and present to the supervisor in an executive format monthly. Content to cover regional performance (weekly and monthly as requested); inform the supervisor about critical issues immediately.
- Report to and work with the other departments (Retail, Business Development, Technical and Finance)
- Prepare regional budget monthly and present to supervisor and Finance Dept. with clear indication on where cost savings can be made.
- Completed secondary education with a preferred KCSE result of B plain or better OR A-Level equivalent.
- University degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Business Management or any related field.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally, in English and Swahili
- Proficient with standard office software (incl. MS Word and MS Excel or equivalent)
- Driving license
- 5 – 6 years’ work experience in management, retail, operations or similar roles.
- Leadership skills with ability to lead people and take responsibility
- Hands-on management style and willingness to spend majority of time outside the office, at sometimes very remote locations, which involve long trips on rough roads, very basic accommodation conditions and use of public transport.
- Highly organized
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made in appropriate circumstances to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Applications letters and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2241”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2241, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through
Deadline for receiving applications: 30th May 2016
N.B.* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.