Clinical Research Doctor (to be based in Thika)
This role will see you assess research participants and ensure that they are attended to in an accurate, timely, complete, ethical and efficient manner in accordance with study protocols.
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery (MBCHB) from a recognized university.
- A minimum of two years work experience post-internship.
- Computer literate.
- Experience working in a clinical research setting will be an added advantage.
- Strong interest in research
Laboratory Manager (based mainly in Nairobi)
- First Class Honors or Second Class Honors Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in a busy human clinical trials research laboratory
- Must be registered member of Kenya Medical Laboratory Technologists and Technicians Board (KMLTTB)
- Is GCLP and laboratory quality systems trained
- Has at least one year of experience of Laboratory Management
- Ability to conform to project shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience in working both independently and in a team-oriented environment
- Good interpersonal and strong communication (written and verbal) skills
- Excellent organizations, planning and management skills
- Strong leadership and delegation skills to oversee a busy clinical trials laboratory with multiple research studies
- Logical thinking with good attention to details and have creative problem-solving ability
- High level of proficiency in, computer skills with Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Able to write and implement Laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Ability to present analytical plans for newer research studies, and write and implement Corrective Action Plans (CAPA) in the laboratory
- Design internal laboratory quality audits and coordinate quality checks for the laboratory assays both for internal and external.
- Ensure quality procedures are maintained in the pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical phases of specimens processing.
- Documentation of specimen and requested tests, interpretation and release of associated lab results in timely and accurate manner.
- Establish and maintain systems for implementation of laboratory activities:
- Participate in development and review of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Implementation of commodity management practices to ensure regular and consistent supply of equipment and laboratory consumables.
- Lead trainings for lab technologists from partners institutions when need arises.
The selected candidate will be in charge of project accounting duties at clinical trials site in Thika
- Prepare and submit timely and accurate monthly reports on usage of project funds to multiple donors and sponsors for various studies.
- Provide support for procurement process in a manner that’s transparent, fair and in accordance with policy.
- Provide logistic and operations support to the study activities.
- Effectively manage all service providers and suppliers
- Ensure all project equipment are well maintained and operating optimally and maintain fixed assets register.
- Ensure that project cash flows (income and expenditures) are managed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Monitor budgets utilization and communicate variances on a regular basis to the management and sponsors.
- Engage with different host institutions on timely submission of accounting reports.
- Provide administrative, operations and logistics duties for the project as directed by the supervisor.
- Should have a minimum or equivalent of CPA part 2
- Work experience in a research or related project for at least 2 years.
- Advanced excel knowledge and experience are required
- Exposure to QuickBooks accounting package will be an added advantage