Vacancy: Reservations Manager
Job Ref: RH/RM/1
Our client is an international hospitality company with a portfolio of independent luxury hotel properties in some of the world’s most desirable locations.
They are looking for a Reservations Manager to be based at their 5* luxury hotel in Zanzibar.
S/he will be responsible for supervising general job performance of reservation staff, training, implementing of policies and procedures under guidance of Director of Sales & Marketing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Having knowledge of entire Reservation Procedure in accordance to international hotel standards.
- Responsible for incoming reservation enquires and handling all correspondences through fax, telephone and emails.
- Allocate daily tasks to reservations staff and supervising of Group Reservations activities.
- Daily review of reservations booked and arrival status.
- Responsible for preparation of occupancy forecast, liaise with Sales Department in regards to occupancy and Rates Reservation’s Analysis.
- Responsible for implementation of policies and procedures and training staff.
- Responsible for recording Company, Travel Agent Rates both in system and correspondence file.
- Identify top producing accounts ensure proper recognition by reservation staff.
- Responsible for various production reports and supply to each department concerned.
- Monitor daily telephone manner and general performance of reservations staff.
- Ensure special handling of repeats guest and very VIP guest.
- Review room blocking for long stay, villas and special group request.
- Maintain cordial relations with commercial clients.
- Bring to the attention of Rooms Division Manager when the hotel availability status needs be changed and prepare for necessary action.
- Responsible for maintaining a neat and orderly position at all times.
- Assisting the Director of Sales & Marketing in setting rates, special promotions and packages.
- Maintaining the in-house reservations systems and forecasting revenue streams.
- Maintain and evaluate statistical information for tracking and decision-making purposes.
- Achieve budgeted targets for the department with emphasis on maintaining previously agreed upon quality and service standards.
- Ensure agents are using proper selling techniques and strategies thus maximizing revenue generation and contribution.
- Resolve internal & external customer complaints, respond to enquiries and troubleshoot as necessary.
- Develop, implement and evaluate policies and procedures that improve efficiency and effectiveness of our Reservations Centre.
- Chair weekly reservations management meetings to identify business cycles and strategies to deal with the same. Distribute updated information and results of meeting to key team members.
- In general, perform any other duties might requested by General Manager, Director of Sales & Marketing or Room Division Manager.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as Reservation supervisor or Assistant Manager in a reputed hotel.
- Must have experience in either Opera or Fidelio.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university in an appropriate curriculum and considerable experience related to this class of work including some supervisory experience; or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Must have excellent command of the English language and good computer skills.
- Must be a well-organised person with a good sense of humor and proven decision making abilities.
- Familiarity with Revenue Management principles will be helpful but not necessary.
- Applicants are required to be flexible with work schedule, including weekends and night schedule as necessary and must be able to multi-task with exceptional attention to detail.
Remuneration: An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply, send your CV in word format with a recent photograph of yourself embedded in the top right hand corner.
Attach an application letter demonstrating how your skills, experience and qualifications are transferrable to the role.
All documentation is to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.
ONLY short listed candidates will be contacted