Rift Valley Railways (RVR) Ltd is in the middle of a Ksh. 25 Billion (USD.287M) turnaround process with major investments going towards expanding and modernizing the fleet, improving rail infrastructure, introducing high-end technology with a vision of becoming the premier rail and logistics provider.
Exciting career opportunities in EARHL department has risen and we now seek to recruit a strategic, committed & results driven persons.
Purpose: We require an all-rounded Banksman to based in Mombasa.
Purpose: Providing support and relaying directions to the Crane Operator in the yard.
Key Strategic Deliverables
- Attaching and detaching load to be moved
- Direct the crane operator on load to be lifted
- Ensuring load is safely secured (slung) before it is lifted
- Ensuring no overhead infringements during lifting
- Relaying directions to the crane operator for the movement of the load to its landing location
- Guiding the crane operator on crane movements during reversing and tight maneuvers
- Guiding the crane operator to the correct location
- Directing movement of trucks within the yard to loading and offloading locations.
- Opening twist locks on arriving container wagons
- Closing twist locks on container wagons loaded in the yard.
- Any other relevant duties as may be allocated from time to time
- Recording details of commercial activities involving the crane e.g. container shifting, transshipments etc.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Certificate in Purchasing , Supply Chain Logistics or related field will be an added advantage
- Minimum of Grade D+ Form 4 certificate
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- At least 1 year’s work experience in freight forwarding / sea freight and /or transport industry
- Technical know-how on machines
How to Apply:
Suitably qualified applicants should submit their application letters, with detailed CVs including a day time contact phone number and email addresses citing the relevant job title on the subject line to:- email@example.com
Note: The deadline for submitting application is before by close of business on 27th May, 2016
In the event that you are successful, we will require that you provide us with a certificate of Good Conduct that is not more than 6 months old.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.