client, a medium sized Sacco in Nairobi urgently wishes to recruit
suitably qualified and experienced individual in the following
Chief Executive Officer
I. Job purpose: The
position will be responsible for the day to day coordination of the
Society’s Operations to ensure business growth as well as overall staff
position will also examine and prepare financial information, records
and reports to enable the Sacco run in the most efficient and profitable
manner, as well as undertake financial reporting to all stakeholders as
II. Main duties and responsibilities
- Reviewing and formulating policies, procedures and practices for SACCO operations
- Directing and supervising the administration and processing of loans
- Ensuring effective management and use of Sacco financial resources and assets.
- Preparation and reporting of timely and accurate financial reports.
CEO will ensure that all statutory deductions are made correctly and
that all amounts due and the necessary returns are submitted by the due
- Giving prudent advice to the Sacco.
- Preparing and analyzing on a quarterly basis the society’s business plans and budgets.
- Coordinating external audit exercises and implementing recommendations set forth.
- Representing the Society in business transactions and any other transactions authorized by the Board chairman
- Attending board meetings and AGM in an advisory capacity and implementing the resolutions made.
- Carry out such other duties as prescribed in the By-Laws or directed by the Board.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent and a professional accounting qualification CPA (K).
- Member in good standing of relevant professional body – ICPAK.
- Minimum of C+ in KCSE or its equivalent
- 5 years relevant experience of which at least 2 years must have been in a supervisory capacity
- Prior experience and exposure in the Sacco industry will be an added advantage.
- A diploma in Co-operative Management will be an added advantage.
- Combined knowledge in general management/administration as well as accounting.
- Knowledge of national and industry related financial principles.
- Proficiency in ICT with excellent MS Office ability.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Good planning and organization skills.
- Age 35 years and above.
applicants who meet the above requirements are requested to send their
applications together with their resume’s and testimonials stating their
current and expected remuneration, quoting the job reference as the
subject header, to email@example.com so as to reach us by
(8th June 2016)
NB: Applications that are incomplete or that are received beyond the deadline will not be considered.