Job Title: Sales Manager
Department: Sales & Membership
Reporting: Managing Director
Job Summary: This key position is designed to maximize commercial income, grant and sponsorship opportunities for our client.
Maintain and increase sales revenue from all clubs new and existing commercial sources.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Liaise with all other bodies / agencies which deal with Wadoin order to generate revenue for the club.
- Provide a professional and customer-focused commercial offer to all those organizations and individuals providing revenue to the club.
- Attend functions and presentations as necessary to promote the reputation and commercial facilities offered by the club.
- Manage and maximize the commercial sales operations of our club, including the club shop and sales of merchandise.
- Develop creative and innovative revenue-raising opportunities.
- Provide regular progress information to the Board and Directors of the club about sources of potential income.
- Provide regular progress information to the Board and Directors of the club about progress on achievement of income generated against budgeted targets as set by the Board.
- Further enhance and develop the Club’s reputation as a welcoming and inclusive venue sporting and community organization and venue of choice for potential sponsors, partners, and other funders.
- Communicate face-to-face, by telephone and electronically with a range of customers, internal and external, responding to queries as appropriate.
- Act at all times as an ambassador for our Clubs
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in club membership sales, with at least 2 years of supervisory experience.
- University degree or equivalent training in Sales and Marketing preferred.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Strong organizational and administration skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, diverse environment.
- Proven leadership, developer and delegation skills with an ability to lead employees to achieve the departmental goals.
- Excellent problem solver and decision maker.
Required Skill and Ability;
- Demonstrable experience in B2B and B2C Sales roles
- A successful track record in employment within target-driven environments
- Evidence of a wide range of business contacts–locally, regionally, and nationally
- Extensive previous work experience of customer-facing work
- Established and highly successful sales techniques
- Established and highly successful external and internal sales techniques
- Excellent Account Management skills
- To have an understanding and knowledge of, and respect, confidentiality.
- Proven excellence in customer service.
- Capable of using independent judgment/solid decision making skills ability
- Proven comfort and experience to interact effectively with all levels of management, guests, associates, and clientele, both inside and outside of the organization.
- Demonstrated sound organizational, coordinating and personal interface skills.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail.
- Must be flexible with working nights, weekends, and holidays.
If qualified kindly send your CV to email@example.com clearly indicating ‘Sales Manager (Membership)’ by 25th May, 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.