Our client, a leading Manufacturer of Spices and Snacks in the East African region is looking to recruit a Sales Manager.
The ideal candidate will provide the company with increased sales productivity, meet revenue and cash collection targets, improved brand visibility, lead the sales and marketing team.
He/she will manage customer relationships and ensure the company is the market leader in East Africa across all product categories, in terms of sales, distribution and visibility.
- Monitor sales in our market to ensure targets and objectives are met.
- Ensure optimal availability of products over long and short term.
- Ensure route to market & territory management optimization.
- Computing, preparing and authorizing credit and debit notes as required.
- Maximize all opportunities in the process of closing a sale, contributing to an increased market share.
- Achievement of sales targets set on a monthly and annual basis.
- Manage allocation of customer trade spend and debtors book.
- Manage trading terms and condition per channel and improve CCS constantly.
- Effective financial management of expenses versus budgets.
- Implement and control pricing in all channels, inside and outside of promotional periods.
- Drive and ensure strong in-store visibility and merchandising.
- To effectively develop and manage an operational field sales force.
- To Liaise regularly with other departments to ensure product availability in line with sales requirements.
- To liaise with corporate clients, build and develop working business relationships.
- To handle customer complaints and enquiries swiftly.
- Conduct commercial calls to all accounts and prospective accounts on a regular basis.
- Develop a process of regular communication of key reports to directors and sales team.
- Prepare regular reports and analysis of key account activities, with detailed analysis across segments, categories, retailers, etc.
- Responsible for dynamic forecasting and demand planning.
- Monitoring and measuring the effective implementation of field management best practices by the sales force.
- Develop tailor-made training modules in conjunction with the HR Department.
- Development and measurement of sales force through regular appraisal reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, sales & marketing or related field.
- A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 7– 10 years of experience in sales of FMCG products and managing large teams.
- MUST have proven experience in FMCG companies.
- Proven ability to achieve sales quotas.
- Willingness to travel and work out of the office.
- Strong analytical skills, data skills, knowledge of distribution systems and sales techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Should be highly motivated and aggressive sales person.
- Should be presentable & well kept at all times.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
Monthly gross salary: Ksh. 100,000 – 150,000/= (Approx. 1,000 – 1,500 USD) depending on experience
Deadline: 18th June 2016
To apply, please follow the link:
Summit Recruitment & Search,
Summit Recruitment & Search,
Blixen Court, Karen Road,
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks, your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles, so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.