Division: Global Programmes
The Humanitarian Trainee Scheme is a one year placement with an NGO that offers a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience in emergencies and crisis response operations.
About the Scheme: A one year entry level programme targeting individuals especially those from remote areas and with little experience in the humanitarian sector.
During your traineeship you are required to pass three modules.
- A first degree from a recognized university, in a field relevant to the humanitarian sector.
- Between 6 months and 1 year (maximum) experience as an employee, volunteer or intern in development or humanitarian work.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- A willingness to live and work in a remote field location.
- Demonstrated interest and a commitment to a long-term career in the humanitarian sector.
- Ability to commit oneself for one year to cover the full course; including the distance learning component and capital office and field placements.
- Ethiopian nationality.
- Degrees in Logistics & Supply Chain Management, Public Health, Nutrition, Disaster & Risk Management, International Relations, Law, Social Sciences, Finance, Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH)/Water Engineering.
Those who meet the requirements are encouraged to apply immediately as completed applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The closing date for applications is Monday 30th May, 2016 by midnight.
Pre-employment Checks: Any Employment with Save the Children UK will be subject to the following checks prior to your start date:
- a satisfactory police record check
- receipt of satisfactory references
- proof of eligibility to work in the national location for this role
CLICK HERE to apply online