The company is on a growth trajectory and seeks to have on board a highly skilled, self motivated and results-oriented individual who will enable the company actualise its vision to fill the following position:
General Manager – Sales, Marketing and Customer Care
Job Purpose: Responsible for ensuring that the company consistently offers services that reflect its mission of ‘exceeding the expectations of clients’ and effectively and in a timely manner redress service that falls below expectations.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Develop and implement an annual marketing plan that supports the achievement of the company’s business goals including staffing models, profile of sales, training and development.
- Set sales targets for the Sales & Marketing team; continuously monitor progress on achievement of the targets and take remedial action accordingly.
- Develop and manage the department’s budget.
- Conduct market research and use findings to direct marketing strategies, product development, pricing and brand communication decisions.
- Monitor competitor activities and develop marketing and promotion initiatives that are intended to protect the company’s position in the market place.
- Plan and coordinate the company’s promotional activities and events, including trade shows and ensure that these deliver value to the organisation.
- Manage third party service providers contracted to deliver advertising, promotion and research services and ensure that they deliver to the company’s requirements in respect to product, timeliness and quality.
- Set customer service standards for all the company’s product and service lines, communicating these to all parties.
- Design tools for monitoring, recording and assessing customer service standards.
- Monitor company performance against these standards; investigate instances of off- standard performance and make sure that these are remedied promptly.
- Conduct customer satisfaction surveys periodically and use outcomes to propose improvements in company products and service standards.
- Meet with key customers to resolve service issues in a prompt manner.
- Train staff on customer service and incident handling.
- Monitor company-wide sales and brand performance and compile reports for management and the Board to facilitate decision making.
- Publish service data to all parties as a way of promoting the development of a customer- centric organisation.
- Master’s degree in Marketing / Business Administration
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing or any other relevant field
- Professional certification in Marketing and membership in a recognised body such as CIM
- Minimum ten (10) years sales, marketing and customer service experience within a reputable service company.
- Customer–facing experience combined with brand building
- Strategic thinking
- Excellent understanding of customer insights, branding, promotion and advertising
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent people management skills
- Excellent knowledge of product portfolio and security industry
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Proactive, customer-centric, innovative and creative.
- Results- oriented and self driven
- Willingness to travel
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should send their applications by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org with the “job title” as the subject heading.
DO NOT attach copies of certificates/testimonials.
Include your current and expected remuneration package in the cover letter.
Kindly follow these instructions to avoid disqualification of your application.
Note that the deadline for submission of applications is Friday 27th May 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.