Our client a Christian based organization is seeking to recruit a Senior Cook
- Inspect food production areas and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food handling practices.
- Coordinate and supervise work of kitchen staff and to allocate work to junior kitchen staff
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently
- Portion, arrange and garnish foods to waiters or patrons
- Estimate expected food consumption, then do a requisition or purchase supplies, or procure food from storage.
- To maintain good standards of hygiene in the unit and personal hygiene
- Communicate with management about how to improve meal service
- Keep records and accounts of food purchases and costing
- Coming up with new recipes from time to time
- A Diploma/Certificate in Catering/ Hospitality
- A minimum of 2 – 4 years’ experience in a busy restaurant or institution.
- Knowledgeable in the various cuisines.
- Ability to creatively present /serve food
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before 15th June 2016.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and your minimum salary expectation on the subject line.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.