Shining Hope for Community
Reports to: Health Services Programs Officer
Hours: Monday- Friday, 8am to 4pm, 2 Saturday a month
Duties and Responsibilities
- Take a lead role in developing the clinic’s nutrition program at both technical and administrative levels.
- Provide nutrition assessment for special needs clients and those identified at high nutritional risk and develop and implement dietary-care plans and nutritional counselling.
- Advise patients and their families on nutritional principles, dietary plans and diet modifications, including food selection and preparation.
- Counsel individuals and groups on basic rules of good nutrition, healthy eating habits, and nutrition monitoring to improve their quality of life.
- Develop nutrition outreach tools, such as pamphlets or other materials
- Provide nutritional outreach in the community via classes, health talks and collaboration with other SHOFCO programs
- Complete monthly reports as required by the GoK and SHOFCO
- Keep up-to-date technically and apply new knowledge to your job.
- Diploma or Degree in Nutrition Studies
- At least 2 years’ experience in a busy health facilitate
- Make appropriate diagnosis
- Good clinical skills – history taking, physical examination, ordering appropriate laboratory investigations
- Treat patients with respect
- Good Interpersonal and time management skills
- Communication and decision making skills
- Good recording keeping and reporting skills
- Be able to perform minor surgical procedures.
- Computer literacy
- Ability to work and deliver results with minimum supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to the HR Officer, email@example.com quoting their current and expected salaries.
Applications without this information will not be considered.
DO NOT ATTACH TESTIMONIALS at this point.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should reach us no later than 20th May 2016.