Shining Hope for Community
Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Reports to: Procurement Manager
Hours: Mon- Fri, 8am to 5pm
Main purpose of the job: The position holder will be responsible to help in rapidly procuring program supplies, services and equipment whilst ensuring best practices and maintaining audit-compliant records.
- Provide on-time, standard monthly reports to the Procurement Manager.
- Generate and / or maintain SHOFCO Pre-qualified Vendor database.
- Generate and / or maintain comprehensive price list for goods, services and equipment purchased by SHOFCO
- Produce routine purchase status reports for Procurement Manager.
- Maintain the SHOFCO’S Purchase Request Tracking system and submit routine reports to the Procurement Manager
- Monthly Reports to the Supervisors.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The implementation and / or maintenance of standard SHOFCO procurement policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that procurement is carried out in accordance to SHOFCO and donor-specific polices.
- Attend all the procurement committee meetings.
- Coordination with Finance, Admin and program departments to ensure integrated internal controls, timely payment of vendors and full, auditable support documentation.
- Ensuring that a transparent and responsive procurement process is implemented and maintained.
- Routine communication, coordination and planning with the relevant requesting staff / programs regarding the order and delivery of supplies.
- Ensuring that all Supplies, services and equipments required are delivered in time.
- Establishment and maintenance of ethical, professional working relationships with suppliers.
- Maintain supplier information for regularly purchased items, and be informed of current local market conditions.
- Support and provide the appropriate trainings for procurement and program staff as required.
- Manage Procurement staff (Assistant etc).
- Advise the Procurement Manager of procurement-specific issues or improvements.
- Any other duties or tasked delegated by Procurement Manager.
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Team spirit and problem solving abilities.
- Degree or Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies Management or related field.
- Knowledge of generic procurement procedures and practices (SHOFCO or NGO experience advantageous).
- Familiarity with major donor and local regulations / laws advantageous.
- Two year’s work experience in procurement, at least one year in a supervisory capacity.
- Holder of a valid driving license
- Competent in spoken and written English
- Good mathematical skills.
- Competent use of PC especially spreadsheets.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to the HR Officer, email@example.com quoting their current and expected salaries.
Applications without this information will not be considered. DO NOT ATTACH TESTIMONIALS at this point.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should reach us no later than 10th June 2016.