Area Sales Professional
With our innovations for energy supply, healthcare, urban infrastructures and industrial productivity, we provide answers to urgent questions of our time.
That’s why we’re always looking for curious, open-minded people, people who dare to ask tough questions.
Like every Siemens employee worldwide. People like you?
The successful incumbent must be able to plan and execute sales targets and activities in Kenya, for the Power & Gas (PG) portfolio, in order to increase sales with potential customers, and to achieve defined commercial targets.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Proactively define & drive the Sales Process
- Develop customer relationships (new & existing)
- Maximise share of wallet across all PG Business Units
- Lead the internal Sales Process (up to Order Intake), including Service
- Plans sales volumes and potential of all customers in the region assigned.
- Provides information via CRM for forecasts and planning.
- Analyzes the specific market conditions, and builds a sound market related network of stakeholders.
- Spots opportunities for local product and service portfolio solutions.
- Prepares/coordinates and negotiates proposals, in cooperation with Proposal Mgt / other involved professionals and Management.
- Coordinates the realization of assignments, may coordinate and contribute to set up respective product developments, projects or services programs.
- Completes sales and revenue related key reporting.
- Contributes to the development of After-Market business in the region.
- May act as a point of contact to customers in commercial matters, and influences collaboratively within the organization to secure customer support.
- Manages organization unit(s) assigned, and leads and/or coordinates dedicated management and staff.
- BSc technical degree (Electrical or Mechanical Engineering) supplemented with Sales or Marketing diploma/MBA
- Extensive knowledge of the local customer activity and strategies, with sales experience ¡n both the private and public sectors will be an added advantage.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, leadership and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to interact with and present to Internal and External Customers
- At least 6-8 years of successful experience in Power & Gas market and successful demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge as presented above.
- A Kenyan national located in / nearby Nairobi.
- Intense desire to drive business results and make a direct impact in the Business Unit.
- Experience in international business environment particularly EPCs will be an added advantage.
Please apply with a descriptive copy of your CV, and email directly to Theo.Naicker@siemens.com Should you receive no response within two weeks of your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Closing date: 10 June 2016