Job Ref: BDM-281102
A new social enterprise using state of the art technology and scientific knowledge to improve food security and income for smallholder farmers
The company is inviting applications for the position of Business Development Manager (BDM) based in Nairobi
During the initial development stages, the organisation is partly funded by ‘Geodata for Agriculture and Water’ (G4AW) program, a program that focus on improving food security in developing countries by using satellite data.
The organisation is a joint venture of ICS (Netherlands) and Manobi (Senegal), in cooperation with Agrics East Africa, Biomass Research (Netherlands) and Agricultural University of Wageningen (Netherlands).
Responsibilities: The BDM will develop a network of potential Business-to-Business customers with whom we can develop projects and information services for their clients and beneficiaries.
- Conduct Market research and analysis and translate this in a sales plan
- Build and maintain relationships with local NGO’s, CBO’s, Seed and input suppliers, Farmer Associations and other relevant clients and sales channels
- Develop and translation business opportunity into a business case, a project/ product /service offering, and into a quote/ proposal that meet the standards
- Develop marketing tools and materials
- Develop and improve after sales service, customer service & satisfaction. Manage projects and support the customer with a successful implementation of our services
- Represent the organisation in network events, relevant conferences and in local business clubs
- Contribute to the overall Business Plan of the Company
- Support the MD with key account management
- Strong business acumen, a solid understanding of what drives a business
- At least a university degree and background in sales/marketing or business administration
- An interest in agriculture, innovation and /or relevant technology
- At least 7-10 years of relevant working experience
- Strong communication, organizational and leadership skills
- Good Computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail and Internet)
- Fluency in written and spoken English (and Kiswahili)
- Confident, self-driven and results oriented; can-do attitude
- Good analytical and problem solving skills and commercial thinking
- Ability to work independently and work well in a team
- Ability to work under pressure, achieving good results within deadlines
- Well-presented and business-like
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating expected salary and their daytime contact, to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject of the email should be the title of the POSITION APPLIED FOR + JOB REF)
If you are not interested in this opportunity today, please refer any friend or colleague you know that might suit the required profile.
Applications NOT MEETING minimum requirements will not be considered.
NOTE: We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews