About the Role: We are looking for a software engineer who can come in and work on various ongoing projects. This is a hands-on software development role.
- Work with the Engineering team in developing the whole suite of the company’s products (web, android, sms)
- Be a major contributor to the Agile Software Methodology which we use.
- Work with partners on integrations that will require involvement in all aspects of the software development cycle from requirement analysis to implementation
- Develop software using our development stack which includes Ruby on Rails, Postgresql, Android, Apache, Phusion Passenger, Ubuntu Linux, AWS, jQuery, Angular.js, Bootstrap and use tools such as JIRA, GitHub, Square Squash, Jenkins, Redis, New Relic among others
- You should be comfortable with system architecture and component design and be able to use design patterns
- Develop features across multiple subsystems within our application by collaboration during requirements definition, designing, coding, testing and deployment
- Participate with engineering, operations and business teams to define plans for scaling, enhancing and standardizing our products
- Have the ability to leverage asynchronous programming, queuing, caching, logging security and persistence when appropriate
- Have experience in building data-driven applications using significant relational database engines as part of the application architecture
- Experience in working with systems with complex security models/implementations
- Understand how our applications (Rails, Android, SMS, USSD) operate, are structured, interact with external systems and how our customers use them
- Document proposed solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams etc.
- Ruby experience is necessary
- Be able to operate in an agile, fluid and uncertain environment wearing ‘multiple hats’
- Be willing to put in ‘extra hours’ in a startup environment and deal with challenging deadlines
- Demonstrate success at having been able to ‘ship’ products individually or as part of a team. You need to be able to get things done.
Applications letters (maximum 2 pages) and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2229”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2229, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.
Deadline for receiving applications: 30th May 2016
N.B.* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over email or SMS. The test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.