Sonographers (Ultrasound Technicians)
Locations: Malindi / Diani / Migori / Naivasha / Buruburu / Pipeline / Eldoret
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Verifying patient clinical history and health status, evaluating related tests and images
- Communicating comfortably and clearly with patient to explain the procedure, answer questions and relay information about what to expect during the procedure.
- Communicating any concerns to the referring or interpreting physician as needed prior to the planned ultrasound procedure.
- Consulting with medical professionals and independently assessing any possible need to adapt the planned procedure to achieve optimal results.
- Administering contrast media through an intravenous line as needed after receiving appropriate approval.
- Upholding quality patient care standards as professionally defined before, during and after the procedure
- Operating the ultrasound equipment and analyzing findings in real time during the examination to ensure optimal data is obtained.
- Physically moving or assisting the movement of the patient as necessary to ensure comfort, a successful procedure and minimal patient exposure to high-frequency sound waves
- Evaluating ultrasound exam results to identify expected and unexpected outcomes given the procedure plan as well as whether appropriate test guidelines and protocols were followed.
- Identifying and documenting unexpected results that may indicate the need for further testing or immediate medical attention.
- Completing ultrasound technician worksheets that explain test findings to the physician.
- Diploma in Medical Imaging Sciences /Higher Diploma in Ultrasound.
- 1- 2 years’ experience in sonography/ultrasound
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Computer literacy, with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work effectively with a team in a culturally diverse environment
- A good understanding of community dynamics.
Interested candidates should send a copy of updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org immediately, quoting the job title as the email subject.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.