Spire is a small team with a big vision: reinventing affordable higher education in Africa.
Spire seeks a sales associate equally comfortable doing back-office administration and presenting to a CEO. The right person for this role loves interacting with people, is well organized, and willing to do whatever it takes to deliver results.
About Spire: Spire is reinventing higher education with a lens on employment. Our founding team has deep experience in education in East Africa, having previously founded Kepler, Africa’s first competency-based, blended-learning university model, as well as Nova and Pioneer Academies.
We believe Spire’s approach is the next step in solving Africa’s talent challenge. Our goal is to ensure every working adult in Africa has access to high-quality learning and the skills they need to excel in their careers.
- High-quality but affordable delivery: Blended learning that combines short bootcamp-style courses delivered by excellent coaches, mobile- and web-based online learning, and tools to support on-the-job skill practice with managers and peers.
- A scalable technology platform: Like Uber or Airbnb, we are building a tech platform to support in-person learning rather than seeking to replace it with a purely online experience. This includes data on student progress, mobile-first online content, tech-driven assessments, student portfolios, and logistics and scheduling tools.
- Competency-based curriculum: We’ve woven together the best content from the best sources to build the first modular, competency-based business skills program in Africa that helps students progress from entry level to manager and beyond, building skills and attitudes that drive success.
Our team culture aligns with our vision:
- We model the growth mindset we want our trainees to embody: we believe that development and success – as a company, as individuals, and for the students we support – are driven by learning and hard work, not natural talent;
- Because of this we are radically open: we share tough messages and our own vulnerabilities because doing so helps us grow and learn as a company and as individuals;
- To support this openness, we are generous – we assume the best about each other in every interaction and we support each other to take risks;
- And we believe this development will help us achieve excellence in every detail and set us up to produce amazingly high-quality work quickly;
- Finally, we bring infectious energy, enthusiasm and fun to everything we do because joy fuels the hardest work and learning
- Supporting identification of potential new partners and qualification of their potential
- Engaging new potential partners through phone, email, and in-person meetings
- Building great relationships with staff at all levels of potential partners as we move through the sales process
- Managing data system to ensure our prospects and contacts are organized
Your colleagues on the Spire leadership team bring deep operating experience with a range of large-scale ventures in the US and East Africa.
- You have 2+ years of sales experience in a demanding work environment
- You are humble – you take responsibility for everything that goes wrong and you give credit to others when anything goes right
- You are a fanatic about details and a perfectionist – you are never late, you never make a spelling mistake, and you sweat the small stuff
- You are hungry – you work incredibly hard and try to learn something new every day. You take on huge challenges because you see failure as a way to grow
- You love people – you have a large network and are constantly making connections
Spire is an equal opportunity employer and therefore does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation or disability.