Our client in the outcasts of Nairobi is seeking to recruit Technical Operator urgently.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operating production machinery including ordering and loading materials into filling, packaging machines.
- Carrying out quality & safety checks.
- Completing routine maintenance activities on factory machinery involving basic machine fault rectification, set-up and lubrication along with hygiene duties.
- Carrying out all aspects of line changeover with minimum downtime.
- Logging all downtime via manual/automated systems providing accurate site management information.
- Carrying out hygiene and general duties as required.
- Adhering to safe working practices.
- Training colleagues on machinery.
- Report any product non-conformities as a result of machine failure to the section supervisor, and isolate any affected product to prevent unintended use.
- Maintain proper documentation of all the activities as stipulated in the various SOPs.
- Participate in all problem solving sessions where machines are involved.
- Ensure that process equipment are maintained clean all the time and update cleaning records.
- Higher Diploma in Mechatronics Engineering from a recognized institution
- Good solid experience within a multi skilled food manufacturing or FMCG high speed production environment.
- Highly desirable intermediate Certificate in Food Hygiene will be an added advantage.
- Ability to learn quickly, and to work on own initiative.
- Problem solving ability.
- Good IT skills e.g. for process room duties
If qualified send your application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating ‘Technical Operator’ on the subject line before 1st May, 2016.
Do not attach any certificates.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.