- Take a lead role in defining the technical objectives within the system to reach scale and achieve our business objectives; including pro-actively documenting and proposing next generation technology implementations, applications design, database design, data-flows and detailed technical design.
- Able to work with other department managers to meet the company’s technological and project goals, creating software, defining dependencies and use cases, and designating tasks to employees for a smooth operation.
- Responsible for presenting solutions to the global management teams and partners.
- Helping the business stakeholders envision the future and how their work will need to change to fit new technology releases to support the future.
- Delivering elements of systems design, including data migration rules, business rules, wire-frames, or other detailed deliverables.
- Understanding the needs of multiple stakeholders. Own the project prioritization across the team and define project scope and roll-out, designated tasks and mentor technical team members to achieve the projects on time and in good quality.
- Work closely with the Senior Software Engineers to mentor and grow them as key players in the organization long term.
- Provide creative approaches & critical thinking around data to support a data driven culture throughout the organisation.
- Collect, analyse, and present actionable data to drive marketing, business development and product management decisions at a senior level.
- Design, implement, and support a platform that can provide structured and ad-hoc access to datasets
- Model data and metadata for ad hoc and pre-built reporting
- Facilitating the negotiation of requirements amongst multiple stakeholders.
- Identifying the current- and future-state business processes.
- Employ data mining, segmentation, and other analytical techniques to capture important trends in the user base.
- Collaborate with developers to define and set up A/B testing of new features and functionality on the platform.
- Responsible for defining market requirements and packaging the features into product releases.
- Creating, analyzing, and validating detailed functional specifications.
- Facilitating design sessions with the implementation team to define the solution.
- Lead the deployment and delivery of solutions using primarily agile development techniques.
- Strict deadlines and long hours are part of the job, and one needs to have flexibility and open communication at all times while working within strict budgets.
- Willing to innovate, experiment and fail fast to build robust solutions
- At least 5 years experience managing technical teams.
- Masters in Computer Science or MBA or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Quality should be at the heart of everything you do. Along with the wider team, you’ll be responsible for ensuring quality and security of the application
- An excellent understanding of application design and architecture, including database interactions, server side scripting, form handling and general application development.
- Significant experience of internet and networking technologies and protocols, including HTTP, TCP, IP, SMSC, SMPP.
- Experienced in using Source Control (SVN/Git).
- Experience of using Agile development methods across a number of teams, automated builds and continuous integration.
- Expertise in building clean, api driven code
- Experience in interfacing with complex back-end systems
- Proven experience of Web Services (Rest/SOAP)
- Willing to work hard, learn and meet tight schedules
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. As the subject line of your email, write “2215” and please make sure to include Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2215, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.in the message body.
Deadline for receiving applications: 20th May 2016
* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.