The Kenya Agricultural Value Chain Enterprises (USAID-KAVES) is a five-year project funded by the United State Agency for International Development with the goal of increasing the productivity and incomes of smallholder farmers and other actors along dairy, horticulture, and staple crop value chains, in so doing improving food security and nutrition.
The project is currently expanding its horticulture portfolio to increase production of high volume crops in the 22 targeted counties.
USAID-KAVES is seeking two qualified candidates for the positions of Horticulture Specialists, to be based in Kisumu and Kitui.
The candidates will support horticulture production with large domestic and export markets, coordinate compliance with market requirements and increase production of raw materials, value addition and agro processing.
Qualifications, experience and key skills
- Bachelor of Science degree in horticulture or related topic with experience in smallholder fruit and vegetable production.
- Strong statistical and data analysis skills, proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
- Professional experience in a relevant aspect domestic and/or export horticulture markets in the private sector, or with strong private sector collaboration.
- At least 7 years of working experience in a similar position involving management as well as technical responsibilities.
- A team player with good leadership skills in the horticulture value chains.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume stating level of experience and current remuneration to email@example.com indicating ”Horticulture Specialist” on the subject title, latest by 25th May 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.