Vacancy: Nutrition Specialist
The Kenya Agricultural Value Chain Enterprises (USAID-KAVES) is a five-year project funded by the United States Agency for International Development with the goal of increasing the productivity and incomes of smallholder farmers and other actors along dairy, horticulture, and staple crop value chains, in so doing improving food security and nutrition.
The project is intensifying its nutrition-linked activities in horticulture, to increase impact on agri-nutrition in the 22 targeted counties.
USAID-KAVES is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of a Nutrition Specialist, to be based in Kitui.
The candidate will be responsible for oversight and monitoring of all Nutrition and WASH activities in the region including providing technical support to the field agronomists of all KAVES subcontractors in the region.
Qualification, experience and key skills
- Bachelor of Science degree in Foods, Nutrition and Dietetics or related field with experience in nutrition sensitive interventions.
- At least 5 years of working experience in growth monitoring promotion (GMP), good practices for nutrition, food safety and hygiene as well as post-harvest management. Previous experience in implementing WASH project activities will be an added advantage.
- Professional experience in relevant interventions that increase household dietary diversity among rural farming communities in the private sector, or with strong private sector collaboration.
- Strong report writing, statistical and data analysis skills, proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
- A team player with good leadership skills in the nutrition interventions.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume stating level of experience and current remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating ”Nutrition Specialist” on the subject title, latest by 27th May 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.