Job title: Technical Project Manager
- Liaising with technical managers, team leaders to understand project requirements and break them down into measurable work plans.
- Oversee planning , execution and control of work plans successfully.
- Co-ordination of all aspects of a project including design, specifications, procurement, delivery, installation, commissioning and handover to operations teams.
- Develop and maintain project governance framework including project plans, policies and procedures
- Produce timely reporting of all aspects of the projects and escalations where necessary.
- Financial management of the project to ensure it is delivered within budget and that exception items are properly approved and documented
- Manage external parties for the delivery of stipulated projects tasks
- Manage engineers and staff from other departments to ensure internal tasks are completed in time
- Make necessary escalations and
- Ensure the project meets the required quality levels
- Ensure the project delivers the envisaged objectives
- Preparing specifications, risk management plans and other project documents
- Ensure adequate project team capacity
- Bachelor’s Degree IT, Engineering, Telecoms or related field
- At least 5 years experience in a Service Provider or large enterprise environment
- Knowledge of project management methodologies principally PRINCE2 or PMP
- Knowledge of IP Networks, Video broadcast systems, and telecommunication networks
- Detailed oriented, analytical mindset, problem solver
- Flexibility to travel across territories within the region
- Above average communication, reporting and presentation skills
- Experience handling telecommunication based projects with tight delivery timescales
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team
- Proficiency in project tools such as MS Project
Interested and qualified candidates to submit their application including a detailed CV,day time telephone contact to email@example.com with a subject line Technical Project Manager on or before 2nd June 2016.
Wananchi Group is an equal opportunity employer and will offer competitive remuneration and benefits to the right candidate.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Note:Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.