He/she will be responsible for timely dispatch of products to the market and ensuring that the company fleet is well maintained through coordination with the Fleet Supervisor and ensuring the safety of product in the warehouse and containers in the yard.
- Ensure customer orders are delivered promptly at all times in the most cost effective manner.
- Optimize utilization of available resources to attain the highest standards of service in regard to product handling in the warehouses, distribution and container handling.
- Ensure safety of finished products in the warehouse and and containers (crates & glass) in the yard.
- Ensure proper and efficient use of delivery trucks to increase truck turn rounds.
- Responsible for planning, directing and coordinating distribution activities.
- Ensure the set delivery targets are met.
- Supervise, evaluate and review the performance of staff in the section.
- Maintain an accurate record of products stored in the warehouse.
- Ensure inventory control including product rotation and breakage control.
- Any other related tasks as may be assigned by the Operations Manager from time to time.
Minimum Education / Experience
- Holder of a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University, preferably in a business related field.
- Post-graduate qualification in Operations Management, Logistics, Business Administration or Sales is an added advantage.
- A high degree of strategic and commercial aptitude as well as excellent communication skills.
- Over three years’ experience in Operations Management, Logistics, Warehousing in the FMCG Industry.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal Skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Strong leadership skills and computer literate